Chapter 6 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain."  — Blade Runner, 1982

Word count: 1903

A week passed by

A week passed by.

I stayed with Harriet who never let me leave the room. She had become very protective of me, concerned for my safety. In her mind, she believed the moment I stepped outside, I would be captured. 

By the seventh day, I felt like I was losing my mind. My mind was frazzled—my feelings were all over the place. I knew I needed to get out. I hated staying in one place for too long. It always reduced me to a mess. 

Harriet would argue I couldn't yet. She often ventured outside for food and water and every time she returned, she'd be panting, her eyes as wide as saucers with fear swirling in her orbs.

I'd rush over to her and ask what was wrong. "The King's soldiers are still roaming the city." That was all she'd say. Towards the end of the week, I'd internally question if she was just saying that to scare me. I didn't doubt that she would lie to me if she needed to. 

When Harriet left for the city this morning, I planned to escape too. I left her a note, promising to drop by again soon. I couldn't stand another minute in the dimly lit basement. I hoped she would understand. 

The streets were busy — the city bustling with life. I kept my head down and used my hair as a shield. I debated whether or not I should cut my hair. It was too long anyways. Then again, I always loved having long hair for this exact reason. It protected me from straying eyes. 

I had no idea where I was going—this was very typical for me. I'd venture through the streets until I found a place to stay. I ignored the faces of sorrow and defeat; continued to move forwards. I just had to keep moving.