Prologue - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

Word count: 715

IN a land where one country was divided into two, there was a powerful monarchy

IN a land where one country was divided into two, there was a powerful monarchy. This monarchy split the land to 'benefit' the people. Or so, that was what they were told.

Zora had once been a vibrant and rich country. But over a thousand years ago, there was a division of the country. The rich moved up North and created a large wall.  Whilst the people in the North kept getting richer, the poor fell into hard times. The citizens of the South struggled to survive their harsh new reality. Some turned to darker paths in order to survive whilst others prayed for a day the King of Zora would save them. 

***

KING Elon had ruled for nearly eight years. He took on the difficult title after his beloved father had passed away. As the eldest of his siblings, he had been raised to become King from a young age. His two younger siblings — who were both married — had always been by his side and assisted him.

Not long after becoming King, he met a beautiful and smart woman — her name was Seraphina. She was incredibly pretty, intelligent, and had an eye for the crown. Convinced she was his true love, he married her shortly after meeting her.

But their marriage didn't last.

King Elon and Queen Seraphina were married for two years before tragedy struck, and she passed away.

The country mourned the loss of their beautiful Queen. King Elon shut himself away — making his subjects believe he was devastated.

Only his close family and friends knew the truth.

You see, the royal family was blessed.

Five hundred years ago, the King at the time had saved an old mage from being killed by her town. Grateful, she bestowed a gift on the King's family. The firstborn child of the King and Queen would have a soul mate — a person who was made for them. They would complete the ruler in every single aspect.

Their love would know no bounds. Each couple had a love so precious and dear; their stories would be told by thousands of people from different countries. 

And so, for hundreds of years, from generation to generation, the firstborn child has had a soul mate.

All of the Kings and Queens had met their soul mates and had given birth to gorgeous and talented children. And, they had all found their other half before they were twenty.

All, except Elon.

At the age of twenty-five, he had not met his match. He had assumed it was Seraphina. When he first laid eyes on her, he couldn't deny the attraction.

It was difficult to identify your soul mate. You didn't know it was them until you met them. And since he had no knowledge other than he would feel his whole universe tilt, he had assumed it was Seraphina.

It was on their wedding day he realized he was wrong. But it was too late.

Their marriage was not bad but it wasn't good. She wasn't his soul mate. And so, the day she died, he felt sick. He was glad she had perished because it meant he still had a chance to find his soul mate.

To this day, he was still searching and hoping. He vowed he wouldn't stop looking until he found her.

What King Elon didn't realize, however, was that his soul mate would change everything in his kingdom.  

You can support me on Inkitt for FREE:

This book has just started on Patreon. You can read the first five chapters now!

As for Inkitt and Wattpad, I will start posting chapters later this month!