Chapter 11 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"The hardest part...about seeing someone you love in pain is not being able to do anything about it, except try not to make it worse." — This Is Us, 2016-2022

Word count: 1961

STOMPING down the street, my thoughts were like wildfire

I could feel all of the bottled-up emotions shaking, threatening to explode at any moment. I was like a ticking time bomb and the longer this hunt went on, the more unstable I felt.

A day had passed and we had received no word from Wylan. That night, I dreamt of my soul mate and her alluring brown eyes. I wished I could reach out and touch her. I imagined her skin was soft and warm; that one simple touch could create an explosion of fireworks. 

My desire for her only grew.

When I woke up and rolled over on my bed, I found an empty spot. My heart cracked a little bit more knowing she wasn't with me. I longed to wake up with her beside me, our limbs entangled. 

Today, all I could feel was anger. Anger that we still hadn't found her. That we were still searching.

We had been so close yet so far.

Zara's green eyes stared at me with worry. She hadn't tried talking to me, afraid I'd erupt like a volcano.

We investigated the area my soul mate disappeared in yesterday. At this point, I was hoping for any kind of evidence.

I just needed something.

I knew my siblings were getting tired from the endless searching. We had so many close calls that turned out to be nothing. They hated Sadorna—they wanted to return to the North where it was safe.

When the sun started to set over the gloomy city, begrudgingly, we headed back to the hotel.

Cale led the way, whilst I followed with my mind forming images of her.