Chapter 37 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"We changed the world so we could live in it." - X-Men: Dark Pheonix, 2019

Word count: 1548

AURORA walked with me, keeping herself close to me

AURORA walked with me, keeping herself close to me. My lips twitched at her actions, which she might not even realize she was doing.

What had occurred not even five minutes ago was still on my mind. We were so close to kissing. I could imagine the feeling of her lips against mine—the taste, the movement, the desire. It nearly evoked a groan in me. Did she realize how tantalizing she was to me?

I liked to pride myself on having good restraint but with her, it went out of the window. When I was around her, I could only think of spending more time with her. When I wasn't with her, I wished to be around her. It was a vicious cycle that I couldn't get out of.

My eyes drifted down to her form. I could see the top of her head and the enticing outfit she was wearing. When I picked the outfit out, I knew she would look stunning. I was right.

When I complimented her, I didn't expect to hear insecurity from her reply. A distant look passed in her eyes, implying she had some doubts about her appearance. Had anyone ever told her she was beautiful? Was she ever in a relationship with someone?

The thought sent a tidal wave of jealousy through me. It was hypocritical of me to even think like that—I had married someone that wasn't my soul mate—but imagining another man telling him he loved her—worshipped the ground she walked on—sent me over the edge.

Sensing my gaze on her, Aurora peered up with her bright brown orbs. Specks of gold and black mixed with brown, creating a warm and welcoming color. She normally guarded her eyes—which were the windows to the soul—but earlier, they were open and exposed. I could feast on any emotions she felt at that moment and learn more about her.