Chapter 48: Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

 "We're in love. We just want to be together. What's wrong with that?" - Moonrise Kingdom, 2012

Word count: 1700

THERE was a boy who looked the same age as me playing in the royal gardens

THERE was a boy who looked the same age as me playing in the royal gardens. We both looked similar except for our eyes. He had vibrant blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean whilst I had eyes as dark as night.

We had met a few times. I didn't really like him. Cale did though—it was probably because they were the same age. Zara was too young to fully understand who he was to us.

I hadn't had a dream like this in a long time. It was strange seeing my cousin—the one who was leading an uprising against me—appear in my dream as a ten-year-old. This was before everything happened between us—before he started to rebel against me.

My twelve-year-old self eyed Ender through narrowed eyes.

"Elon!" A younger version of Cale called over to me. He was wearing clothes similar to Ender and seemed eager to go and greet our cousin. I stifled a groan at the thought of having to interact with him. "Why aren't you going over to him?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know."

"You should go and speak to him. He told me he likes talking to you," Cale informed me, to my surprise. Every time Ender came to visit with his family, he never really spoke to me so I was confused by Cale's words.

"Lying is a sin, Cale," I scolded my younger brother.

"I'm not lying!" Cale exclaimed, louder than he should. It attracted the attention of Ender, who had now stopped moving around. "He wants to get to know you. I think he's so excited about you becoming King."

I glanced at Ender once again, my thoughts racing. Could Cale be right?

"Fine," I relented. "I'll go."