Chapter 21 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I've come here with no expectations, only to profess, now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours."  — Sense And Sensibility, 1995 

Word count: 1655

LEAPING to my feet, I turned towards the door

LEAPING to my feet, I turned towards the door. The door slowly creaked open, revealing a girl with shoulder-length, dark red hair.

The girl lifted her head and revealed herself. A shocked gasp passed through my lips as my eyes connected with hers.

"Ashley?" I asked, my voice a mere whisper.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was convinced my eyes were deceiving me.

A bright smile formed on her lips, "Hey, Rory."

My knees unbuckled. I went tumbling to the ground, my mind whizzing with thoughts. It had been so long since I last saw Ash, my best friend. For most of my life, she was my rock.

And then she left.

She left me and the man who loved her—Gael. For four months, she had been gone. She vanished off the face of the Earth. Gael and I were hoping for letters but we got nothing.

It annoyed me that she could just disappear like that. I understood why she left but nobody received any word from her. I had no idea if she crossed the border safely. I didn't know if she was alive.

And now, somehow, she's in the King's castle, grinning at me. As if the past four months away from her had never happened.

So, I was pissed.

I stormed over to my best friend and slapped her.

Her head rolled to the side and a quiet whimper coming from her. She shot her hazel brown eyes at me.