Chapter 26 - Elon

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead."  — Ratatouille, 2007

Word count: 2100

THE meeting with Cale and Wylan went on longer than I expected or hoped

A sigh of frustration exhaled from my lips as I glared at the map before me. Compared to the South, the North was a lot smaller. We had fewer people and less land. But we were wealthier.

There were currently a number of problems happening down South. More than I cared to admit. I knew Ender wasn't a real problem but the riots were. The rebels were causing havoc, ruining what they had.

I was desperate to see Aurora. It had been days since I had breakfast with her. I saw her at dinner but she barely spoke and when she did, there was a permanent scowl on her face. It was clear she still hated me.

Zara insisted I should be making more of an effort with her. However, the problem was I didn't know how to. Every other woman I had encountered fell to their knees when they saw me.

When I was pursuing Seraphina, there was no struggle. She was attracted to me—she wanted me.

Aurora was the first person to deny me. To defy our bond.

It drove me mad.

At night, I would go over scenarios in my head, trying to find a way to talk to her. She wouldn't open up easily—she didn't trust easily. That was fair. I just had to find a way to break through her barriers.

Needing to see my soul mate, I left my office and stalked toward her room. I had placed her in the same wing as me. My room was only a few doors down from hers. I had to keep her close to me.