Chapter 15 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end."  — 1899, 2022

Word count: 2389

THE world around me was a blur of bright yellows, greens, and blues

THE world around me was a blur of bright yellows, greens, and blues. The air was lighter, with no artificial, hazardous chemicals to infect my being.

It was almost comical to me. I had never seen or felt anything as luxurious as this before.

For miles, there was nothing but empty land.

Above, the sun shone down. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen the sun. There were always clouds above Sadorna, casting a spell of despair and sadness over our heads. The clouds reflected the mood of the citizens.

My dull brown eyes, filled with sadness and anguish, darted to my captor. Or should I say captors?

Sitting all high and mighty in his seat, with his back arched backward and a satisfied expression on his smug face was the king of Zora—my biggest enemy. He was handsome—of course, he was—and seemed happy with how things turned out. With kidnapping me.

My body called to him. It demanded me to sit next to him, to touch him. I had never had such an urge to touch or pounce on someone before. However, whilst my body gravitated towards him, my mind did not. I was disgusted by him. I didn't want him anywhere near me. He was my enemy.

Inadvertently, he had killed Harriet. My parents. He had destroyed the chance for me to have any semblance of a good or even normal life. If he had cared about the people of the South—if he had been a good King—none of this would have happened.

I should have been throwing these questions in his face. I should have been trying to make him feel awful, just like how I was feeling. Instead, I was thinking selfishly—wondering why he wanted me in the first place.