Chapter 47 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." — A Streetcar Named Desire, 1951

Word count: 1867

I avoided talking to Elon at dinner that night

I avoided talking to Elon at dinner that night. He barely glanced at me in reply. Whenever I did sneak a peek at him, a crease would be formed in between his brows. Zara, Cale, and Beverly all noticed but pretended to be oblivious. I was still quite angry at Zara for not worrying about her friend more.

So, as soon as I finished eating, I excused myself and marched down the corridors. Once inside my room, I leaned against the door and released a shaky breath. My hand hovered over my racing heart. It was torture to feel like this around my soul mate.

After letting my hammering heart calm down, I changed out of my big dress, switching to something more flexible. Grabbing a navy blue coat, I ventured out of my room and snuck outside.

The air was cool, the moon was bright in the sky and there wasn't a single person in sight. My shoulders sagged in relief and I tilted my chin up to stare at the starry sky.

I spent so much time climbing roofs to stare at the misty sky back in Sadorna. Here, all I had to do was step outside and I could see everything.

"What are you doing out here?" Ash asked from behind me, causing me to jump in my spot.

Whirling around to face my best friend, I squinted to try and see her face better. She stepped out from behind a tree, allowing the moon to illuminate her face.

"I wanted some peace," I replied, secretly glad she was here. I missed hanging around her.

"Is it already too much?" She wondered, scanning my face for any obvious signs of stress.

"No," I defended, hurt she would think I'd be regretting my decision so quickly. It felt like Ash didn't know me as well as I thought she did. "It's just been a hectic day."