Chapter 29 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

 "If we'd never met, I think I would have known my life wasn't complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn't know who I was looking for."  — The Longest Ride, 2015

Word count: 2460

	WATCHING King Elon and his family act so

WATCHING King Elon and his family act so...normal was off-putting. It made me want to scoff at how they had the privilege to be happy without any worries whilst most families in the South didn't have that.

I had to leave. I had to breathe for a moment and refrain from lashing out at them.

Shutting my bedroom door, I stopped at the window and stared outside. The sun had set long ago, encasing the garden in darkness.

A knock at the door not even two minutes later brought me out of my chaotic thoughts. All I wanted to do was be left alone with my own tragic thoughts but it seemed the universe wouldn't let that happen to me. Fuck sake.

The intruder didn't wait for my reply. They opened the door and closed it behind them, leaving just the two of us in the room. King Elon looked ravishing and he knew it.

"What are you doing here?" I asked rather harshly, hoping he would say whatever he wanted to say and leave. I longed for sleep—where I didn't have to think about the North.

"Come with me," Was all he said in reply, cryptically. My eyes narrowed into slits as words of caution floated in my mind. King Elon couldn't be trusted—for all I knew, he wanted to take me to the dungeons where he would lock me up for earlier.

I knew he was still harboring feelings of anger toward me. I had taken it too far and now I was going to pay for it. How was Ash going to help me escape now? I had fucked it up big time.

"No," I replied, defiantly, tilting my chin upwards. I wouldn't go down without a fight.

Frustration scratched at the corners of his onyx orbs. "It wasn't a request." He countered, fighting his basic urges to snap. Perhaps if he wasn't the King, I would find this whole ordeal amusing. But alas, he was the most powerful man in Zora and maybe even the world, which meant that I should be careful.