Chapter 49 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are... it is our choices." - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, 2002

Word count: 1886

	ELON had called an emergency meeting

ELON had called an emergency meeting. I had no idea why.

I rushed through the castle and met him outside the double doors. His face was unreadable. It was only through his body language that I could tell he was stressed—no, frustrated.

"What is it?" I whispered, worriedly.

"Jonathon—one of my top royal advisors—has betrayed me. He has been working for Ender." He informed me, passively.

I wracked my brain for any knowledge of Jonathon. I recalled him well—he was quite old and was adamant about Elon responding to the Prave Zantar. Unlike most of his advisors, Jonathan was brave enough to speak up. I liked him.

Yesterday, I met his brother—David. He was an interesting man too. When I complimented his brother, David said he would pass it on. Did he know what Jonathon was up to? One would think so—they were brothers. Then again, I didn't know how close they were.

I found it hard to believe that Jonathon would betray Elon. He seemed so passionate about protecting Zora as a country. He had been with the King for years. Why would he betray Elon? Especially for Ender?

"Do you know why he would do that?" I asked Elon softly.

Elon shook his head vigorously, "No."

Perhaps Jonathon wanted real change too. Maybe Ender got to him and offered him everything Jonathon wanted. The idea wasn't so far-fetched. Ender had ties to Prave Zantar and was obviously stirring up trouble.

"We should talk to David, if he's still here that is," I advised, firmly.

"Who?" Elon queried, puzzled.