Chapter 55 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo, Liberty, Destined, and The King's Lost Queen. You can also read ahead of my new stories Shattered Souls plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you." - The Fault in our Stars, 2014

Word count: 1770

HE was dead. Gone. No longer breathing.

Elon's cousin—who was fighting against Elon and his kingdom—had been killed by his own blood.

I had arrived at the scene with Hugo—who had saved my life from countless rebels—to discover Ender lying bloody on the floor, being cradled by a pretty brunette. It was a horrible and heartbreaking sight to watch. I hadn't even met the man—nor his partner—but it was still sickening to see.

She was begging for someone to save him. The love she had for him was pure and true. It was the kind of love I assumed Elon and I had. 

My stomach churned as I glanced at my soul mate—the man I loved—who had just ruined this loving couple's lives.

It was all so complicated. In Elon's mind, Ender had to die trying to take his crown. The golden crown appeared to be more important than anything else. How had I not seen his obsession? How had I not realized how much he needed to be King? Had I truly missed all the signs? 

My mind was a mess. I didn't know what to think of Elon—whether I should be screaming at him or glad that it was at least over.

The world around me had dulled. It was all hazy. Well, until Elon had left my side and went over to talk to Wylan.

I couldn't help but watch them converse in hushed voices. It seemed serious—maybe even threatening—by the way their eyes flitted over the crowds of people. Curiosity mixed with worry swirled inside of me. What were they talking about that was so important?

My legs moved in a hurry, speed-walking over to them. Sensing I was heading over, Elon snapped his head to me and froze. His eyes narrowed, warning me to not move any further. My heart seized at his warning look—at him ordering me not to approach him.