Chapter 25 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"A soul mate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would." — Dawson's Creek, 1998 - 2003

Word count: 1535

THE days blurred into one

THE days blurred into one. My routine was the same—eat breakfast in my room, have Maeve help me get ready because apparently, I didn't know how to dress myself, read the book I had found in the library, stare out of the window aimlessly, and then have tea with the King and his family.

At each meal, King Elon would try and talk to me. His attempts always failed. He had nothing of interest to say. I didn't want to make small talk with him. When his family realized he was getting nowhere, they would pitch in, changing the subject.

Each day, Ash would visit when she knew nobody would be around. She was very good at sneaking around the castle and popping into my room. Her chats were what I looked forward to the most. She had walked through a secret door that was disguised as a wall, bringing a sweet treat with her.

Every time she arrived; I would ask her if she made any progress with the escape. Her sunken expression was what I got in return.

I was losing my patience being stuck in this room. In this castle. The King was far too busy to spend time with me—not that I wanted to—and I wasn't allowed to leave my room without an escort.

If this was what my life was to be like, I didn't want it.

On the fifth day, when Maeve entered my room, I lost it.

"Let me out, Maeve. Please. Get somebody. Princess Zara, Prince Cale. Hell, get the King if you have to. I need air." I begged, losing my strength.

Her expressionless face cracked. She mashed her lips together and studied my frantic look.

"I—"

"Just ask them. There has to be somebody who can take me." I pleaded, racking my brain. "Surely Oakley and Veer can be with me."