Chapter 42 - Aurora

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty

You can read all of Forgetting Arlo and Liberty. You can also read ahead of my new stories Destined, Shattered Souls, and The King's Lost Queen plus many more stories. You will always be supporting me. To find out more, please click on this link: patreon.com/littletroublemaker_

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!" - Auntie Mame, 1958

Word count: 2121

IT was safe to say I was completely besotted by Elon

IT was safe to say I was completely besotted by Elon. The night of my coronation, I danced with Elon to the early hours of the morning, smiling the entire time. He was like a different person, telling jokes to me and guiding me through the dances. Every time we had to speak to someone, he would take the lead and would step in if I struggled to answer a question.

If I wasn't already certain that I was falling for him, I was now.

In all honesty, last night felt like a fairy-tale dream. He was like a handsome, charming King whilst I was his new, wondrous Queen.

When I was woken up by Zara who announce it was my first official day as Queen, I realized how much of a dream it felt like. It took her half an hour to coax me out of bed and into the bath. I didn't want to leave my bed and face reality, fearing that what happened last night wasn't real.

Dressed in a less extravagant dress, I followed her down the hallway to Elon's room. She knocked for me and stepped to the side, letting him see me first when he opened the door.

Elon's ethereal face came into view, his lips curving upwards slightly at the sight of me. "Thanks, sister. I shall see you later." He dismissed her without glancing at her.

Unoffended, Zara sent me one last smile and then trotted off, a spring to her step. She was in an oddly good mood. It made me wonder if something happened last night.

"My love," Elon purred, using that nickname again. I was secretly beginning to enjoy it. "Come in."

He gestured for me to enter, moving slightly to the left but not much. It meant I brushed up against his thin t-shirt, which might be his pajama top. The shirt was see-through, giving me a good view of his chiseled and tanned upper body. My mouth watered at the sight.