𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟒➳The Second Task And Chance

"Yeah, she's my cousin!"

Harry, Ron, and Neville walked down to the black lake where the tournament was being held. He could already hear all the students screaming about how excited they were, and that made them even more sick.

Neville handed him the gillyweed. Harry's breakfast was making its way up, by the looks of it. It was a slimy green and yellow plant that looked like a pile of algae and worms.

He felt sick at the thought that he would have to swallow it later.

"You're sure about this, Neville?" Harry asked, suspiciously, with his eyebrows.

"Absolutely." Neville answered confidently.

"For an hour?" Ron asked.

"Most likely."

"Most likely?!" Harry exclaimed and felt how the sweat was running down his back.

"Well, there is some debate among herboligists about its effects in fresh and salt water, but-"

"You're telling me this now?!" Harry froze and stared with wide eyes at him.

"You must be joking." Ron said.

"I-i just wanted to help." Neville looked ashamed at the ground.

"It's okay, Neville." Harry took a deep breath. "I got this... I think."

"We should better ask Hermione about this to be sure. Where is she when you need her?" Ron asked, looking around. "Oh right, I forgot. Never mind."

"You seem a little tense, Harry." Neville whispered shyly.

"Do I?" Harry chuckled sarcastically. He is very tense. Harry is even more tense than before the first task.

"I'm going to reserve the best seats for us." Ron said. "Good luck, mate. You can do this."

Ron patted him on the back one last time before he took the first boat to the location.

"Can I do something for you?" Neville asked.

"No, it's alright, Neville."

But it wasn't.

The only person who could reassure him is not here with him right now. He wished at that moment that they would not argue now. He wished she would stand next to him, hold his hand, and tell him he could make it.

But she wasn't here with him. And it's his fault.

They should have just talked about it and forgiven each other. Even though Harry was very hurt by her.

Harry felt terrible. He missed her like never before. He needed her.

And now it's too late.

He was too stubborn to admit it.