𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟒➳Most Prized Possession

"It was his fault, not yours

"It was his fault, not yours."

Y/N didn't sleep well. She didn't sleep at all.

She lay in bed all night and reviewed the evening over and over in her head. 

The person clasping her necklace on her, the dance with Malfoy and seeing the other champions waltz, the conversation with Harry...

Especially how Claire and Harry danced together and laughed. How much they laughed together and how happy they looked together...

Every time she thought about it, her hands clenched into fists, and she felt her eyes fill with tears each time.

The conversation they had made everything worse. He couldn't answer her question, he was being stubborn like always. She would have thrown him on a wall if he had not looked so good.

Y/N spend hours under the shower to get rid of his touch. But she still could feel him everywhere.

A month later and nothing changed. Y/N went to all her classes with Hermione, saying nothing, answering nothing-just doing her work in the back of the class silently.

Many people had got together, after the Yule Ball, mostly with the people they didn't even go to the ball with.

Fred and Angelina were talking, Neville laid his eyes on a girl named Luna Lovegood, a ravenclaw girl with angel blonde hair and Ginny and Terry were hanging out a lot more often, even though Y/N don't know how serious it seems for Terry.

Hermione and Krum were a thing, but Hermione barely talked about it, with Y/N. She didn't want to rub it in for her.

Cho and Cedric were also a couple. Y/N was happy for them, especially for Cedric because she knew how much he still cared for her.

Ron and Louise weren't talking anymore. She was so devastated after the ball about Ron that she knew that it would not lead anywhere.

But that didn't make any difference to Y/N's anger towards Harry. She hated Harry's presence. It reminded her of the happy moments they had together- and how she'll never get to experience them ever again.

She almost forgot what happiness and smiling was like. Louise and Hermione would make her laugh occasionally,  but it was nothing- nothing like how Harry made her laugh.

She didn't know how he was keeping up; she didn't want to know. Because if he was completely fine without her, that would crush her ten times more.

It felt like Y/N had to move to France, away from Harry. Y/N's whole world fell apart then, she would never see Harry again and would not survive the distance.

And now they were so close and at the same time so far apart. Further than before.

Hermione had decided she was not going to talk to either Ron or Harry, for Y/N's sake. She, too, didn't seem as cheerful as always.