𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟑༄☾⋆A punch into your nose⋆☽

"You definitely spend too much time  with,Y/N,Harry

"You definitely spend too much time with,Y/N,Harry."

Harry and Y/N were third wheeling.... but in a bad way. It looked like the end of Ron and Hermione's friendship, and they both were in the middle of it. Both of them wanted to have Harry and Y/n for their own, so it was a huge back and forth.

Ron was enraged that Hermione had never taken Crookshanks's attempts to eat Scabbers seriously, hadn't bothered to keep a close enough watch on him, and was still trying to pretend that Crookshanks was innocent by suggesting that Ron look for Scabbers under all the boys' beds. 

Hermione, meanwhile, maintained fiercely that Ron had no proof that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, that the ginger hairs might have been there since Christmas, and that Ron had been prejudiced against her cat ever since Crookshanks had landed on Ron's head in the Magical Menagerie 

Personally, Harry was sure that Crookshanks had eaten Scabbers, and when he tried to point out to Hermione that the evidence all pointed that way, she lost her temper with Harry too. 

And Y/N didn't care, she was actually just happy that this thing was finally gone and that she wouldn't have to see it any more. Of course, she would never say this into Ron.

Ron had taken the loss of his rat very hard indeed. 

"Come on, Ron, you were always saying how boring Scabbers was," said Fred bracingly. "And he's been off-color for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly — one swallow — he probably didn't feel a thing." 

"Fred!" said Ginny indignantly. 

"All he did was eat and sleep, Ron, you said it yourself," said George. 

"And stink." Y/N added quietly.

"He bit Goyle for us once!" Ron said miserably. "Remember, Harry?" 

"Yeah, that's true," said Harry. 

"His finest hour," said Fred, unable to keep a straight face. "Let the scar on Goyle's finger stand as a lasting tribute to his memory. Oh, come on, Ron, get yourself down to Hogsmeade and buy a new rat, what's the point of moaning?" 

"A pet who isn't old and ugly." Y/N added. 

"No one can ever replace Scabbers!" Ron exclaimed.

"Look," Y/N put one hand on Ron's shoulder." He had a good time with you, and I'm sure he will never forget you. Scabbers would also like you to have a new beginning and maybe just maybe you'll see each other again."

Y/N didn't know if these words were really credible, because she had never spoken on behalf of a rat before (and never will again), and so she just hoped to cheer Ron up a little.