𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟒➳The Yule Ball

"She looks amazing

"She looks amazing."

Tonight was the night all the studentswaited for. Y/N curled her hair and put it half up and half down. Sheput on some makeup, a bit fancier than usual, and some sparkly silverearrings. Her necklace with the red ruby wrapped in a golden wreathof small leaves was laying on her night shelf because it didn't go sowell with the blue dress.

Y/N looked to her bedside table and sawher bracelet with the ice skating charm, Harry had gotten her almosta year ago today. She smiled to herself when she thought about thememory of them, ice skating for the first time together. She debatedfor a second before she put it on.

The midnight blue dress hung on ahanger on her wardrobe. Y/N had to smile when she was thinking thather mother was wearing exactly this dress. And now it's her who iswearing it.

" I look dump. " Hermiones voicecame from the bathroom. "I can't go out like that. Everyone willmake fun of me."

"That's hilarious and not trueHermione." Y/N assured her. "And now come out of the bathroom."

"No." She grunted. "I will staythe whole evening here. It's better like that. You go and have fun.Tell Viktor for me that I'm sorry and that he should've asked someoneelse."

"Not even for a 'one year free sweetsat Honeydukes' ticket I would do that. If you stay, I'll stay."

"That's not fair, Y/N." Hermione'svoice came muffled from the bathroom. "I know how excited you wereabout this evening. I do not want to mess this up for you."

"You wouldn't." Y/N said. " Butwould you maybe come outside so that I can see how bad it actuallyis."

"Fine." Hermione muttered and thebathroom door clicked open.

Y/N gasped when she saw her. She lookedfabulous. The pink colour of her dress matched her skin, her curlswere pinned up and the ruffles made her look like a princess.

"You can be honest, Y/N." Hermionesaid insecure under her breath.

"I think Victor is a lucky man tohave you as his date. " She smiled and soon Hermione returned herexpression. Y/N could feel how her self-confidence built up. "Youlook lovely, Harmella."

"Really?"

"Really. And I think I am not theonly one who would say that." Y/N looked grinning to their dormdoor and Hermione turned aprubtly around.

Viktor was standing in red uniform inthe door frame, clearly speechless. His jaw was dropped down andstared admired with wide eyes at Hermione.

"You look beautiful, Hermione." Hesaid in his accent and Y/N had to chuckle.

"Oh, t-thank you, Viktor." Hermionereplied with blushed cheeks.

Viktor held out his hand for her.Nervously and carefully she accepted it.