𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟑༄ ☾⋆ There is an explanation ⋆☽

„I don't know what I am supposed to do without you, Y/N

                                                                                                „I don't know what I am supposed to do without you, Y/N."

Y/N didn't know if she was dreaming or not. If this all was real. She had an uncle. She and Terry had an uncle. An uncle her dad never talked about.

"I know this came suddenly, Y/N, but-" Lupin started, but she just looked with wide eyes at the ground.

"Why?!" She yelled." Why the hell did nobody tell me about it?!" Her eyes were now on her dad, who looked like he wasn't sorry." Why did you keep all these secrets from me?!"

He didn't answer, but Lupin did." It's not the fault of your father. After you were born and Val made me your godfather, I was taking care of you for one day. Val and Elijah went out for that day, and I was alone with you. The bad thing was that it was full moon and yes I knew about it but Val was so happy that she and Elijah were free for that day, that's why I couldn't say no."

Lupin paused for a moment and took a deep breath." After you fell asleep, I turned into a werewolf and ran outside. Suddenly you screamed, and even when I was miles away from the house, I heard you as if you were lying right in front of me. So I ran to the house and into your room. You stopped crying after I came, but the smell of flesh blood in your veins drove me crazy. I had no control over myself, so I opened my mouth. My teeth almost touched your skin before a huge light came out of your necklace."

Y/N looked down in confusion and reached for the red ruby with the gold leaf wreath. Her father gave her this necklace on her first day at primary school, why did she have it  already when she was a baby?

"The light transformed into a huge bubble or some kind of dome that protected you. That dome enveloped you, so I couldn't touch you and because the light dazzled my eyes and I ran away. If you hadn't been wearing this necklace I would have killed you that night and I know that Val would have never forgiven me. I wrote a letter to Val and Elijah  and told them about that night. I talked that I would disappear to not put your life in danger again, and that it would be for the best if we wouldn't see each other. After that, I've never seen you again."

His face was now sad and full of regret. Lupin's smiled faded, and he looked more tired than ever before, His eyes were teary and sighed multiple times.

"We haven't been in contact since then, Y/N." Mr. Boot suddenly said." Just as Remus informed me that he was working in Hogwarts now and that Harry saw Pettigrew on the map, we talked again."

Even when she was angry at her father, she nodded slowly. They all just wanted the best for her and maybe Y/N would have reacted the same in that situation like Remus.

Hearing all this information now made she overthought if she can believe all this or not. I, mean, it's ridiculous, right? A necklace saving me from getting killed, she thought.