𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟒➳Playing with Fire

"Let the game begin

"Let the game begin."

A/N~I couldn't find a matching gif for this chapter, so enjoy our sweet Neville:))

Ugh, what a night. Y/N didn't sleep well, she couldn't keep an eye close.

Her mind wandered and made scenarios in her head, which will probably never happen.

But it was always like that, that Y/N never slept well on the first day of school.

She groaned and yawed. Y/N looked at the clock: 5:35 am

Definitely too early. Breakfast is at eight and when she looked around the room, everyone was still fast asleep.

Y/N felt like she just got 10 minutes of sleep. But she wouldn't fall asleep, so Y/N decided to get up.

She took a red sweater out of her closet and some grey sweatpants and went to the bathroom. As she looked into the mirror, Y/N was frightened.

She looked awful. Her eyebags looked like she hasn't got any sleep in the past 10 years.

Quickly, Y/N grabbed a concealer to cover them up, brushed her teeth and made a messy bun.

She didn't know what she should do two hours alone in the dorm room, so Y/N went downstairs.

The common room was silent. Nobody was there. 

Of course, why should anybody be awake at this hour?! Somehow she sill expected a miracle but well...

Suddenly she heard some breathing. Y/N gasped and stopped.

Someone was sleeping on the sofa. She tiptoed past it without looking at who it was.

Y/N needed some fresh air to become awake. She put some shoes on and walked out of the portrait.

"Who disturbs my beauty sleep at this hour?!" squeaked the fat lady.

"Shut up." Y/N replied without giving her a look.

She walked around the silent castle. Hogwarts was different when nobody was around. You had  more time to appreciate its beauty.

Each corridor tells a story with a happy or tragic ending. On each floor there were footprints of people belonging to that story.

By walking through these corridors and hallways, she was a part of their story. A part that no longer had any influence on her actions, but their memories,

Y/N was glad to be back. Hogwarts would forever be her home and safe place.

She went outside to the school yard. From afar, she could see Hagrid's hut. "He's probably still asleep or doing something in the forbidden forest, Y/N thought.

It was still dark outside. Y/N decided to take a walk around the school grounds, it would give her more energy.

She walked around, listening to bird chirping. It slowly became brighter  and some sunbeams fell on her face.