𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟑༄Admiring in the moonlight

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry."

„Now remember, these visits to Hogsmeade are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." Professor McGonagall lectured.

Y/N, Hermione and Ron were waiting for Harry who was trying to get his permission signed by Professor McGonagall because his uncle didn't do it. He would never do something that could bring some joy in Harry's life. Y/N met the muggles Harry lives once, she knew how awful and strict they are to him so there has never been another day when she wanted to punch someone in the face more than him.

"No permission form signed, no visiting Hogsmeade. That's the rule Potter."
McGonagalls voice tore me out of my thoughts.

"But Professor," Harry pleaded. "I thought if maybe you signed it, I could go."

"Only a parent or guardian can sign, and since I am neither it would be inappropriate." She gave him a look of sympathy. "I'm sorry Potter, that's my final word."

Harry turned to Hermione and Ron and sighed. "You go ahead, I'll be fine."

"Are you sure?" Y/N asked and gave him a weak smile in the hope that he might even want her to stay with him so we could talk about everything."I mean I could stay with you."

His eyebrows were lowered and pulled together as he looked to her."Like I said I'll be fine." Harry growled."So go enjoy your butterbeer party."

Harry was afraid that anything that might come out of her mouth would be another lie that he believed. His whole life was a lie, and he just needed one person who would be honest with him. As much as he wished that this person would be Y/N as much he couldn't imagine that she would care as much about him as much as he did for her.

"Harry please-" He felt how Y/N took his hand from behind as he turned away from his friends."If you would let me, talk to you so that everything could be okay between us again..."

He sighed and looked at Y/N's elegant hands. They would perfectly fit into mine...he thought.Then Harry suddenly shook his head and narrowed his eyes as if realising the true reality."I was okay without you, and I will be it now too."

Y/N looked at Harry with a slightly open mouth where no words came out. His words cut deeper than a knife. Y/N could how feel how her eyes became moist and she suppressed the tears.

She looked at him frustrated. Well or disappointed.Disappointed in herself for making the person who was always so important to her hate her so much. Disappointed, that the person didn't feel the same way about her.

Y/N shook her head trying to held the tears back as she noticed that Hermione placed her hand on her shoulder."We have to catch up with the group."

She nodded and started walking up to Ron who sent her a weak smile. Y/N looked back to Harry who was still turned with his back to them before they walked through the Hogwarts gate.