Chapter 83

Sydney's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I saw Rick sitting in a chair beside the bed I'm in and he was holding my hand while sleeping. I squeezed his hand gently and he woke up.

"Hi Rick." I said, faintly smiling.

"Hi Sydney. How are you feeling?" Rick replied.

"I've been better." I said. "Did it work?" I asked.

"Yeah. You're not pregnant anymore." He told me.

"That's good. I feel bad though." I said.

"I know you do and I do too. But it was understandable in your case. We know why you had to get it done. No one is going to think you're a bad person." He said.

"Thank you." I said. "I'm glad we're back together again. Those six years without you was torture. I missed you every single day and the kids misses you." I said.

"And I missed you and I miss them. But I know they miss you since you're not there with them." He said. "Why did you leave them? I'm happy we're reunited but I could've found my way to you all." He said.

"I wanted to find you. Daryl was always out looking for you while I wasn't. He wanted me to stay where it's safe. But how can I be myself without you with me? I needed you Rick and I still need you. We've been through a lot together." I said. "I can't live without you. And neither can your kids. We need you. Especially them. They need a father to look up to." I said.

He didn't say anything, just stared at me. He was looking straight into my eyes. His eyes were sparkling. He had tears in his eyes.

"Rick...I love you. So much." I said.

"I love you too Sydney. More than you'll ever know." He said.

He stood up and bent down, placing his lips against mine. Our lips moved in sync with each other.

"You know, I would love to do what we both miss doing but I can't because of, you know, I just came out of surgery." I said, when we pulled away.

He dropped his head and chuckled.

"Still the same sense of humor." He said. "Something I missed those six years." He added.

"I'm glad I got you back Rick. Even though I got shot after I did but it was worth it. I'm just happy we're back together and we can fight this world together again." I said, faintly smiling.

"We won't be able to do that until you heal up." He said.

"I know but once I do. I also want to look around the place we're at." I said.

"You will soon. I promise." He said. "Now you need to get some rest Sydney." He said.

"Alright. I'll rest so I can get out of this bed." I said. "I love you Rick." I said.

"I love you too Sydney." He said, kissing me.

I was soon alone in the room. I started thinking about everyone back home. Thinking about my kids. About Daryl. I wonder what would've happened if I never found Rick. Before I found Rick, I had some feelings for Daryl. Not enough for me to do anything but the feelings were there.

But since I found Rick, I can't have those feelings. I love Rick and only Rick. I don't love anyone else the way I love my husband.

I decided to go to sleep, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep a few minutes later.