Chapter 82

Ricks POV:

I never left Sydenys side the whole time she's been unconscious. I'm scared she's going to die. I don't want her to die. Not when we just reunited. We were in a community that took us in when they saw her condition. The doctor here is working on her and praying Sydney won't wake up while she's trying to stop the bleeding.

They don't have anything to keep her asleep. I'm worried about what would happen if she woke up during the procedure. I know she could die. There's a chance she could die during the surgery. Her heart's still pumping normally.

"There's where the bleeding is coming from. I just have to be careful to not hit the arteries." The doctor said.

"What would happen if you hit them?" I asked.

"She could bleed to death," Shee said. "But don't worry, I'm going to do my best not to hit it. I will save your wife." He said.

"Please. She means the world to me." I said, with tears in my eyes.

She started the surgery and halfway through, she stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked.

"She's pregnant." She told me.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"This is her reproduction organ. See how it's a little swollen?" She pointed out.

"Yeah," I said, not believing it.

"That's the baby." She said. "Congratulations." She said.

"It's not mine," I said, angry.

"Do you know who the father could be?" She asked, beginning the surgery again.

"Yes, but I don't know if I should say," I said.

"It'll stay between me and you. She won't know you said anything." She said.

"She told me the man who was in charge of the place we were kept in, forced himself on her. That's who the father is. I killed the bastard." I said.

"Do you want me to remove the baby before it forms? She's less than eighteen weeks. Once she's eighteen weeks into the pregnancy, the baby will start to form." She said.

"I don't know if I can make that decision for her. She doesn't even know she's pregnant." I said.

"I'll stitch her up since I stopped the bleeding. When she wakes up, hopefully soon, she can make the decision and I'll do it if she wants me to." She said.

"Okay," I said, holding onto Sydneys hand tighter.

It's been a few hours and she hasn't woken up yet. Someone brings food for me to eat since I won't leave her side. I feel like I should've had the doctor remove the baby but how can I make that decision for her?

While that thought was in my head, I felt her hand squeeze mine. I looked at her and saw her eyes slowly opening.

"W-Where am I?" She asked, looking around.

"You're in a hospital. A doctor fixed you up baby." I said, standing up. "I was scared you wouldn't wake up." I said.

"I'm not going to leave you Rick. I'm strong. I only got through it because I was thinking about you and our kids." She said, faintly smiling.

"There's something you should know Sydney." I said, getting ready to give her the news.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You're pregnant." I told her.

"I am?" She asked, shocked. "But it can't be yours because we haven't done anything. Unless...oh my god." She said. "I'm pregnant with Kyles baby. No no no." She said, beginning to cry.

"The doctor said that if you want her to remove the baby, she will since it hasn't reached eighteen weeks yet." I said.

"I don't want this baby Rick. I know that sounds harsh but I can't raise a baby I got from being raped. I can't do it. It'll remind me what happened whenever I look at the child. I can't bare that." She said.

"You don't have to baby. I'll get the doctor and tell her you don't want the baby. I'll be right back, I promise." I said.

Sydney's POV:

I was looking out the window, the news still floating around in my head. I feel bad for what I'm about to do since it's a child but like I told Rick, I can't do it. I can't go through it, remembering every day that child is growing.

Rick soon came back with a woman that looks like she's in her twenties.

"Baby, this is Dr. Miles." Rick said.

"Hello Mrs. Grimes. Glad you're awake." Dr. Miles said, smiling.

"Hi. You can call me Sydney." I said.

"Alright Sydney. Your husband tells me you want me to remove the baby, is that correct?" She said.

"Yeah. I feel bad though." I said.

"Don't feel bad. It's understandable in your case. Your husband told me what happened. I'm sorry for what happened to you. No one should have to go through that." She said. "It's best to remove the baby before it forms. Luckily, you're not at eighteen weeks yet. I'm going to get the tools ready and we'll put you back to sleep then we'll start. Your husband will be by your side." She said.

"Okay." I said, before she walked away.

When she came back with the things she needed and with someone else with her, I was put to sleep while holding Ricks hand. I soon fell into the darkness.