Chapter 71

"Are you sure you don't mind watching them Aaron?" I asked.

"I'm sure. I love watching them." Aaron said, holding CJ in his arms.

"Thank you so much Aaron." I said, smiling.

"No problem Sydney." He said.

I got on my horse and left Alexandria. I was heading to Hilltop to help out there. About halfway to Hilltop, I heard leaves rustling to my right. I knew not to stop and look. Instead I went faster. But before I could go any faster, I was hit in the side of the head and I fell off the horse.

Through my blurry vision, I saw a group of people approach me. I soon fell unconscious when they got closer.

Daryl's POV:

"Daryl, have you seen Sydney?" Michonne asked.

"She headed out to Hilltop. Why?" I asked.

"I radioed them and they said that they hadn't seen her." She said.

"That can't be right. She should've been at Hilltop by now." I said, worried. "Unless something happened to her." I said.

"Maybe she just stopped to rest for a bit." She said.

"That's not like Sydney. She wouldn't stop. She'll head straight to where she's going without stopping." I said. "I can't let anything happen to her." I said.

"We won't let anything happen to her Daryl." She said. "I also need to ask you something. And I think I know the answer to it. Do you love Sydney?" She said.

"Yeah, I do." I said, looking away from her. "I've loved her since the start." I told her. "But even if I didn't love her, I'd still protect her with my life. Which I need to do now to find out what happened to her." I said.

Sydney's POV:

I woke up and I was tied to a tree with my arms above my head. I looked down and saw that I was only in my undergarments. I looked around me and saw a group of people with walker faces. Someone looked at me before walking over.

"Look who finally woke up." The woman said.

"Who are you?" I asked, scared.

"I'm Alpha. May I ask what your name is?" She said, anger seeping into her voice.

"Sydney." I replied. "What are you going to do to me?" I asked.

"Why would I tell you that?" She said. "All you gotta do is corporate and answer anything we may ask you." She said. "The first question is, why were you on our territory?" She asked.

"I wasn't on your territory. It was mine and the communities I'm with. You all went onto our territory." I said.

"That's where you're wrong. Everywhere is our territory. You need to remember that and there's one way to make sure you remember." She said. "Beta, help her remember." She said.

A man, who I'm assuming is Beta, walked over and stood in front of me. He pulled out a knife and stabbed it into my left leg.

"Ahhh!" I screamed in pain, causing tears to fall from my eyes.

He pulled the knife out and my head hung down. I saw the blood gushing out from where he stabbed me. I'll be alright if he didn't puncture the artery. But by the way it's bleeding, it seems he missed it.

"I hope you learned your lesson Sydney. I wouldn't want you to die." Alpha said, before walking away with Beta.

I was trying to keep my tears in and fight through the pain. I knew I had to be strong to get through this. I have to survive so I can see my family again. I don't know how long I'll be here. I need to escape but now I can't with the stab wound.

My eyes started closing but I was trying to keep them open but failed. I was soon welcomed by darkness.