Chapter 69

Six Years Later

Ever since Ricks death, I've been writing letters to him. I know they won't get to him but it helped me move on and let him go. I still think about him and miss him everyday. I gave birth to a little boy and I named him Rick Jr, RJ for short. I had to name him after his father.

I still don't believe he's gone. I believe he's still alive out there somewhere. Judith and Emma is just like their father. Judith wears the hat that Carl wore everyday. Emma wears the jacket he wore.

She don't care if it's hot outside, she never wants to take it off

She don't care if it's hot outside, she never wants to take it off. She don't even care if it's too big on her.

"Mom, Uncle Aaron wants me to tell you that he's leaving and Judith wants to go with him." She said.

"She can go as long as she stays with him." I said.

"I'll tell her that." She said, leaving the room.

I sometimes go to the bridge and just sit on the edge, thinking about Rick. That's what I'm getting ready to do. I got dressed then grabbed my gun and knife before heading out.

 I got dressed then grabbed my gun and knife before heading out

Daryl doesn't like that I go out there but he knows why I do. After a little while of walking, I made it to the bridge. I sat down, letting my legs dangle off the side. I looked up before looking down at the water.

"I miss you Rick. I wish you was still here with me. I'm still alive as you can see. Everyday gets harder. The days get darker. There's a little light at the end of the tunnel I'm walking in. No matter how much I walk, I can't make it to the light. When you were still here, I was in the light but once you were gone. The dark consumed me. It's getting harder and harder for me to stay alive. I'm still alive because of you. I know you want me to fight to stay alive and to keep the kids safe. I'm trying to stay strong for them but some days it's hard to stay strong. I try not think about that day when you blew the bridge and only I came out of it. But everything I do reminds me of you. Every time I look at Emma, Judith and RJ. I see you. I'm trying to move on from you but how can I do that when we've been together for as long as we were? I need you with me Rick. I need your help through this. It hasn't been the same without you. But I'm fighting to stay alive. For you, for our kids and for everyone else. Sometimes I talk to Negan. I don't know why but he helps me. He listens to me without judgment. I know he was the enemy but I feel like he can turn good. If he really wanted to. I'll never be the same since you're not here. I'm in a dark tunnel but I know one day I'll get to the light. It may take awhile but I know I'll get there. Because I know you're still with me even if it's not in person. I love you Rick. Forever and always. I won't ever love someone as much as I loved you. I'll come back to talk to you again." I said, standing up.