Chapter 80

I was awake and sitting against a tree. Helena and Nathan was still asleep in front of me. Rick walked off to go to the bathroom. I heard leaves crunching to my right and I looked in that direction. I saw a walker coming this way and I grabbed a stick that was beside me and it looked kinda sharp, at least sharp enough to puncture the skull.

I stood up and walked towards it and grabbed its neck then stabbed it in the side of the head. I sighed before sitting down again.

"I'm back Sydney." Rick said.

"Welcome back. You missed me killing a walker with a stick." I said.

"Wish I could've seen that." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder before sitting down beside me.

I straddled him and my arms was resting on his shoulders. Our eyes were connected and we started leaning closer to each other. Our lips met half way and we kissed. He laid back and I was on top of him.

We weren't going to do anything, since Helena and Nathan are about five feet away from us.

"I missed laying like this." Rick said, pulling put of the kiss.

"I did too but it always led to something else." I said.

"Yeah it did." He agreed.

Nathan and Helena soon woke up and we were on the move again. We heard noise close by but before we could do something, something cold was put against the back of my head.

"Don't move or else she dies." A man said behind me.

"Sydney!" Rick exclaimed, looking at me wide eyes.

I looked at him with a look to tell him to listen. The man wrapped his arm around my neck and held me against him.

"We've been looking for you Rick. You shouldn't have escaped. I warned you what would happen but it seems like you didn't listen. I think I should dow something to punish you and teach you to listen to whatever I say. And do whatever I say." The man said.

I recognized the voice and it was Kyle.

"What would teach you a lesson? Oh I know what would do it." Kyle said, turning me around and let me go before shooting me in the stomach.

I spit blood out of my mouth and fell to the ground, putting my hands on the bullet wound. I fell onto my side and just laid there.

Rick's POV:

When Kyle shot Sydney, I never wanted to kill someone as much as I did. Not since Carl died.

"What the hell Kyle?!" Helena shouted.

I went to run to her before Kyle stopped me.

"If you take one step, I'll finish her off and out her out of her misery." Kyle said.

"Come on Kyle. That's his wife, let him go to her." Nathan said.

"No. He needs to learn his lesson. He needs to learn to listen and do whatever I tell him to do." Kyle said.

I looked at him before pulling the gun Nathan gave me and shot Kyle in throat, making him let go of his gun and fall to the ground. I walked over to him and looked down at him.

"This is for everything you did to me and to my wife. You don't deserve to live another day." I said, looking up when I heard a walker. "You're going to become the walkers next meal. I'm going to let you get devoured by that walker and probably more. I'm not going to show you no mercy for what you did." I said.

I picked Sydney up bridal style and we left. After a long walk, we found a cabin. We went inside after Nathan and Helena cleared it out. I laid Sydney on the couch.

"Rick, we need to stop the bleeding. We needed to stop it earlier. She must've lost a lot of blood." Helena said.

Helena pulled Sydneys shirt up, exposing the gunshot wound. She reached into the bag she had and pulled out a thread and a needle.

"Do you know how to stitch a wound Rick?" Helena asked.

"I do but I won't be able to do it." I said.

"You have to Rick. I don't know how to do it and neither does Nathan. You're the only one who knows how." Helena said.

"Okay." I said, grabbing the needle and thread

I took a deep breath before beginning to stop the bleeding.