Chapter 78

Daryl's POV:

"Why hasn't she been in contact for two days? You said she'll stay in contact." I said, looking at Carol.

"That's what she told me. I don't know why she hasn't contacted us." Carol said.

"What if something happened to her? I'll die if something ever happened to her." I said. "I have to go look for her." I said.

"Daryl, wait. Don't jump to conclusions. You don't know if something happened to her. It is strange that we lost contact with her and I'm worried about her just as much as you but if we jump to conclusions something could happen." She said.

"Last time I talked to her, she got quiet then everything broke up. I heard a mans voice and it was close to her. Someone has her and I need to save her." I said.

"You don't know where she was. You could be out there blind. There's whisperers out there and they're watching us. She might have traveled out of Virginia. We don't know. We'll keep trying to get in contact with her to see if she responds." She said.

"What if that man answers? What will we do?" I asked, pissed off. "I can't just leave it to hope. I learned not to. She could be dead right now, while we're talking!" I said, getting loud.

"Daryl, lower your voice. You don't want her kids hearing you. It's bad enough they found out she left. They don't need to hear that she could be dead." She said. "We'll find out what happened to her, but we have to stay calm." She said.

"I can't be calm if something happened to her. If she died...I wouldn't know what to do. Her kids need her in their lives. I understand why she went searching for Rick, she needs closure if he is dead. That's why I always went out there looking for him. I hated how she was hurting." I said. "So I'm going to go looking for her and I'll kill some of those whisperer assholes while I'm out there." I said, walking away.

Sydney's POV:

I was planning a way to get both me and Rick out of here but every way I thought of, would get us captured or killed. I know there's a way but I can't seem to figure it out. The door opened and Kyle walked inside. He smirked walking towards me.

"That was a brave show you put on darling. But don't think about doing that again. Because I will kill you." He said.

I saw my walkie clipped to his belt in the back. I needed to grab it and there's only one way to do that. I motioned that I wanted a hug and the stupid asshole fell for it. I carefully took the walkie off his belt.

"I knew you'd come around darling." He whispered into my ear.

I glared at him through the side of his head like I'm trying to burn a hole in his head. When he pulled away, I quickly hid the walkie. He didn't seem to notice, thankfully.

"I'll be gone for a little while darling. I'll be back within a few hours." He said, leaving the room.

Once I didn't hear his footsteps anymore, I grabbed the walkie and went into the bathroom. I brought the walkie to my mouth and spoke.

"Carol, do you hear me?" I said, quietly.

"Sydney? Are you okay?" Carol responded. "Daryl! Come here quick!" She yelled.

"I'm okay." I said.

"Where are you Sydney?" Daryl asked.

"I don't know. But I was taken by this man and his group and...I found Rick. This man has him locked in a cell." I said. "I'm not sure if I'm still in Virginia. This doesn't look like Virginia but I could be wrong." I said.

"I'll come get you guys." Daryl said.

"No. Don't come Daryl. You stay there. You're needed there." I said. "My kids need you there with them. You're a father figure to them. Me and Rick will find a way to get out, I just have to get to him first. Kyle is going to be gone for a few hours, so I think I can try to get out of this room." I said.