Chapter 61

Previously on The Walking Dead:

"Let me see her." Rick said.

"Alright. Just give me a second. I might have to get her up to speed. You can't hear shit inside this thing. Sash. You're not going to believe this crap." Negan said.

When he opened the casket, something unexpected happened.

Onto Chapter 61:

When he opened the casket, Sasha came out as a walker.

"No!" I shouted.

Everyone began to shoot at each other and Daryl pulled me to cover. A woman came towards us and I shot her, killing her. I was then shot in the leg.

"Ahh!" I screamed.

I was grabbed and pulled to my feet. They made me walk and I saw Rick limping with a hand on his hip. I was pushed down to the ground after getting to where Carl and Rick were. I was beside Rick fighting the pain in my leg.

We were kept there until the shooting calmed down and Negan was in front of us. He crouched down in front of me and smiled.

"I'm sorry you got hurt darling but there was no other choice. Figured it's better than killing you." Negan said.

I didn't respond just looked at him, scared with a mix of anger.

"Have you not learned darling? I thought you learned not to give me that kind of look." He said, standing up.

"Stop calling my mom that." Carl said.

"Look at you protecting your mom. But I'm not hurting her by just calling her darling." Negan said.

"It's alright Carl." I said, looking down.

Negan smiled before going in front of Rick.

"You just couldn't stick with us, Rick? You had to go to these filthy garbage people?" Negan said.

Negan started talking about some deal with Jadis before turning back to us.

"Rick this going to make you sad. Broken. Wish you were you dead." Negan said, looking at me. "I like having fun. But maybe you thought the guy that did what he did to your friends wasn't me, like that was some sort of put-on. Like I'm not the guy with the bat—I'm just the guy that makes your kid spaghetti." He said.

A gunshot was then heard in the distance.

"Oh shit. Maybe this is on me. Maybe this is all on me. I got to make it right. I guess I have to start all over. I got to tell you Rick, if I had a kid, I'd want him to be just like your kid. Which makes this so much harder." Negan said. "You're not going to win. Carl, why don't you point your one ball up the street there and take it all in?" He said.

There was screaming coming from the tower and we saw someone fall to the bottom. I was scared something happened to Michonne. Tears were starting to fall from my eyes.

"You lost someone important to you right now, like just now. Jesus. That is timing. Rick...you chose this. I truly don't know what more I could've done to warn you. This isn't a warning. This is punishment. I'm gonna kill Carl now and maybe Sydney too. I'm going to make it one nice, hard swing. Try to do it in one because I like them. I want you to put that in your brain and roll it around for a minute." Negan said. "I'm going to kill Carl and Sydney then Lucille will take your hands." He said.

"You can do it right in front of me. You can take my hands. I told you already...I'm gonna kill you. All of you. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But nothing is going change that. Nothing. You're all already dead." Rick said.

"Wow, Rick. Okay. You said I could do it." Negan said, before we heard a tiger then a man scream.

I was grabbed and pulled away. I couldn't see who grabbed me but I was trying to get loose. I was thrown into a truck and soon Negan got in beside me. I was trying to get out but Negan held me down.

"Let me go!" I shouted.

"Shut up!" Negan shouted, sticking his hand out showing his middle finger.

Ricks POV:

I was shooting at the truck Negan was in. Sydney was in the truck with him and I was trying to get her out of there. But I couldn't. I failed to get her away from him.

"Dad! Where's mom?" Carl said.

"Negan has her." I said, holding in tears.

"No. Not again." He said.

We went to find Michonne even though Sydney was the only person on my mind right now. We found Michonne in the tower, sitting against the wall. We took her to get treated by the active doctor here.

I went to the house and got Judith and Emma out of the attic. I sat with them outside.

"Where's mommy, daddy?" Emma asked.

"She's gone but she'll be back." I said.

"I miss mommy. Why does mommy keep leaving us?" Emma said, beginning to cry.

"She won't be away forever, she'll be back with us. I'll make sure of that princess." I said.

"Rick." Ezekiel said, walking up to me. "You have beautiful children." He said, sitting down.

"Thanks." I said.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Dad, I'll take them for a little walk." Carl said.

"Thank you Carl." I said.

"What's wrong Rick?" Ezekiel asked.

"Negan took Sydney." I said.

"He took her again?" He asked.

"Yeah. But I couldn't stop him." I said.

"You tried to stop him, Sydney knew that. We'll get her back and away from him." He said.

"But who knows what he's going to do to her. He could kill her, he already threatened to." I said.

"You don't know that. He might just use her to weaken you since he knows how much she means to you. But let him weaken you, let it make you stronger to show how much you want to fight to get her back. I didn't know Sydney long but I know she's a strong woman and she's smart. She knows what to do." He said.

Sydney's POV:

I wasn't in the same room I was in before. This time I was in a cell. I was scared what Negan was going to do to me but I was also mad. He's not going to win this war. We won't let him. I won't let him. I'll do anything to keep my family safe from an evil person like him. He'll pay for what he did to my friends.

The door opened and Negan stood in the doorway. He didn't say anything just looked at me like he was thinking about what he's going to do to me.

"I'm very disappointed in you darling." He said, crouching down in front of me. "Sneaking out like that. I should punish you." He said.

"I-I'm s-sorry." I stuttered, scared.

"The thing is, I don't think you are. I can tell by the look you gave me at Alexandria. You wanted to kill me right there and then. But you were scared to because that could get the rest of your friends killed. Even your family. Except your children, of course." He said.

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked, holding my knees to my chest.

"I don't know yet darling. Still thinking of a punishment." He said.

He then left and I was alone in the dark. I put my head down and cried at what could happen in this war. I was praying we wouldn't lose anyone else.