Chapter 62

It's been a few days since being locked in this little room. I was leaning against the wall when the door opened. A man wearing a blue shirt grabbed my arm and pulled me to the room that has a furnace. Negan was standing with his hands in front of him. Simon was standing in front of him. The man held onto me so I don't try to leave. Not that I'll dare try to. Me and the man was behind Negan and nothing was happening.

"Everyone! After this done, we get to work. Just know that I didn't want this. But the sanctuary must stand. This is not the man to prosecute this conflict. Just wanted to say a grateful enclave thank you!" Simon said, punching Negan.

They began to fight and I watched it with fear in my eyes. They kept at it until Negan was on top of Simon and choking him.

"You went for it all at Hilltop. You got Saviors killed, and then you ran away like a coward! You got shown up one too many times. Those people, they are always going to know that there's a loophole, a way to skate. They are always going to be looking for that chance to push back, so now I got to kill them all. Just like I'm going to kill you!" Negan shouted, before breaking Simons neck.

He slowly stood back up then looked around and looked back down at Simons body.

"What an asshole." He said.

Negan started walking away and I looked across from me and saw Dwight. He met my gaze and he saw the fear in my eyes.

"Darling, I need to speak to you." Negan said.

I followed him obediently so he doesn't get more pissed off. He let me into his room and motioned me to sit down. He sat down next to me before speaking.

"I have some bad news to tell you darling." He said.

"What bad news?" I asked, scared.

"It's about Carl." He said.

"What about him? What happened to him?" I asked.

"He's dead." He told me.

"No. No. That can't be right. He can't be dead, he can't be. Please tell me you're lying." I said, starting to cry.

"I'm sorry darling." He said, looking down.

I put my head down and the tears were falling onto my legs. I did something I didn't think I'll do. I wrapped my arms around Negan and cried into his shoulder. He rubbed my back gently. I know he's our enemy but at the moment I don't care. I didn't want to accept the fact that Carl's dead.

"I can't believe he's gone. I never got the chance to say one last goodbye." I said, through tears. "I can't believe my son's dead. I don't want to believe it." I said.

"I know darling. He's with you in your heart and helping you through everything you're going through." He said.

"How did he die?" I asked. "I need to know how he died." I added.

"He was bit." He told me. "He was bit helping someone." He added.

"That sounds like something he would do. He always thought of others before he ever thought of himself." I said, pulling away.

"I liked Carl. He was a strong young man." He said.

"Yes he was. The strongest." I said. "He got help when I went into labor with Emma. But he never left my side. He watched his little sister being born. He even stayed by my side after I had a miscarriage after I snuck out of here." I said.

We didn't speak for awhile and after a little while, I calmed down and wasn't crying anymore.

"I'm going to get you a change of clothes darling." He said, standing up and walked out of the room.