Chapter 76

When Daryl Found Out Sydney Left:

Daryl's POV:

I was looking for Sydney but I couldn't find her anywhere. I asked her kids but they haven't seen her since yesterday. I saw Carol and went to ask her if she knew where Sydney was.

"Carol." I said, once I was in front of her.

"Hey Daryl." Carol said, smiling.

"Have you seen Sydney? I can't find her anywhere." I said.

She didn't respond just looked away from me and her smile faded.

"Carol, you know where she is, don't you? Where is she?" I asked.

"She left." She told me.

"Why?" I said, staying calm.

"To look for Rick. She doesn't believe he's dead and she said that she can't be without him anymore." She told me.

"She left while those fucking whisperers are out there?! She could get herself killed out there!" I shouted, angry. "I'm have to bring her back before that happens if it hasn't happened already!" I said, getting ready to walk away.

"Daryl! Stop! I'm in contact with her, she's okay. She has a walkie with her and she keeps me updated." She said.

"All because she has contact with you don't mean I'm not going to let her be out there by herself! Especially with those whisperer assholes out there!" I shouted.

"Daryl, she's far away now. She won't tell me where she is but she's alive. She knows what she's doing." She said. "You can talk to her you want." She added.

"Let me talk to her." I said.

She handed me the walkie and I walked away from her. I put the walkie to my mouth and pressed the button down.

"Sydney, are you there?" I spoke.

"Yeah I am Daryl." She replied. "I take it you found out I left." She said.

"Yeah I did. Are you okay?" I said.

"Yeah I'm okay. Not hurt or anything besides the sore leg. Are you mad at me?" She responded.

"I'm not mad, I'm worried." I said. "If you wanted to find Rick, I could've gone with you." I said.

"This is something I have to do myself. It'll help give me closure if he is dead. You know it's best if I do it alone." She said. "I know he was your brother but he was also my husband. I love him and I don't believe he's dead. If I survived, there's a chance he survived it too." She said. "I'm sorry I left but I felt like I needed to. I need to find my kids father. They need him. I know you take care of them like they're your own and I owe you for that. But nothing can replace their real father. I promise, I'll come back once I find out he's either dead or alive and if he's alive, I'll come back with him." She said.

"Okay. But keep checking in with us so we know you're okay." I said.

"I promise I will." She said. "I have to go. I'll chat later, bye Daryl." She said.

"Bye Sydney." I said,

Kyles POV:

"I told you before and I'll tell you again Rick, you cannot see your wife. She's not your wife anymore, she's mine now. She belongs to me now." I said, sternly.

"She's not a fucking object you bastard!" Rick shouted. "What did you do to her?!" He asked, loudly.

"I don't see how that's any of your business. All I'm going to say is that we made love last night." I said, smirking.

"You bastard! I'm going to kill you when I escape from this cell!" He shouted.

"Oh no, I'm so scared." I said, faking being scared. "You're never going to get out. You're going to stay in this cell for the rest of your life. You're never going to see Sydney again." I said, walking away.

"Stay away from her you bastard!" He shouted.

I stopped walking and turned back to him. I walked back over, unlocked the door then went inside. I swung and hit him in the side of the head. He fell over unconscious then I left.

"What do you want us to do with him sir?" Aidan asked.

"Tie him up in the garden. I need to teach him a lesson. In front of his wife." I said, smirking. "I'll teach him to obey me." I added.