Chapter 26

Ricks POV:

"Dad, you said she would be here with Emma. You lied to me." Carl said.

"I had to get you to come Carl." I said.

"We have to go back and get them. We can't leave them!" He shouted.

"We can't go back Carl. They'll be here." I said, hoping that's true.

Carl then walked to a red car and leaned against the front of it. I looked down and felt tears building in my eyes but I blinked them away.

We then saw cars approaching along with the motorcycle. Carl came back beside me. Maggie got out holding Emma and she handed her to me. I kissed Emma's forehead and crouched down so Carl can see her.

Sydney's POV:

I got off the motorcycle and walked towards the others with Daryl behind me. I saw Rick and Carl.

"Rick." I said, making him look at me.

He didn't say anything just handed Emma to Hershel and came towards me and engulfed me in a hug.

"Thank god you're okay." He said.

"Of course I'm okay. I won't leave you, Emma or Carl. Or my sister." I said, hugging him back.

"I was scared that I lost you mom." Carl said, hugging me after me and Rick pulled away.

"I was scared I lost you three but I'm relieved that you are all okay." I said.

I got in the Hyundai with Rick, Carl, Emma, Carol and Lori. Emma was asleep in my lap while holding onto my finger. Rick then put his hand on my thigh and I looked at him with a smile. He smiled at me before looking back at the road.

Eight months passed and we've been on the road. Lori is eight months pregnant and getting closer to giving birth. Emma is now nine months old. Rick told me he had to kill Shane because he was going to shoot him in the back. I understood but Lori took it badly but she let him go. At least I think she did. I was sitting in the car with Lori since she couldn't stand that long.

"Ma." Emma said. "Ma." She said again.

"Cutie." I said, smiling.

She giggled and threw herself at me. Rick soon came over and we followed him into the woods and saw a prison on the other side. Rick cut a hole in the fence and we went through. I had to make sure the fence didn't get Emma and it didn't. We ran to the gate and Rick was saying what each of us has to do. I couldn't do anything since I was holding Emma. I had to try to keep her quiet from the noise everyone will be making.

Everyone started yelling and shooting at the walkers in the field. Surprisingly but thankfully, Emma wasn't crying. We were now allowed inside the field since the walkers were dead. Rick walked towards me and pecked my lips and took Emma into his arms.

It was dark and I already ate some of the owl that we had left. Rick walked around the perimeter about three times.

"That was the third time he's walked around. If there was any part of it compromised, he would've found it by now." Hershel said.

"This will be a safe place to have the baby." Beth said to Lori.

Maggie and Beth then started singing a song called Parting Glass. That's when Rick decided to join us. He crouched down next to me and whispered into my ear.

"Can I talk to you in private Sydney?" He asked.

"Of course. Beth, can you hold Emma for me?" I said.

"Yeah of course I'll hold her." She said, getting Emma from me.

I stood up and walked away with Rick. We stood next to the fence that was close to where we entered from.

"What is it Rick?" I asked.

"I just wanted to be be alone with you since we haven't been alone in awhile." He said, wrapping his arms around me and pulled me against him.

"Miss me that much?" I asked, feeling a bulge in his pants.

"Mmhm." He said. "Why don't we do something?" He asked.

"They can see us Rick. I don't want them seeing what's underneath. That's only for me to see." I said.

"Maybe later then when we're completely alone." He said.

We then walked back to the campfire and sat down. Daryl and Carol were there as well. We put the fire out and got ready to sleep. Emma was sleeping next to Carl since she wanted to be with her big brother.

"Goodnight Rick." I said.

"Goodnight baby." He said, pecking my lips.