Chapter 35

It's been a couple days and I've been feeling sick. I walked to the cell block where everyone who's sick is sleeping. Carol was at the door and she saw me.

"What are you doing here Sydney?" She asked.

"Not feeling good." I answered. "I've been coughing." I added. "Pretty sure I'm coming down with the flu. So, I have to be in there with them." I said.

"Okay but please get better Sydney." She said, opening the door.

"I'll make sure I do." I said. "And tell Rick so he knows." I said, before she closed the door.

I was led to a cell and I laid down. The cell door then opened and Caleb walked inside. He then put a hand on my forehead.

"You're starting to get a fever." He said. "I'm going to get you some water since you have to stay hydrated." He said, standing up.

"Thank you." I said.

A few hours later, Caleb told me that someone wants to talk to me. I walked to the room where we talk to people and I saw Rick.

"Hi Rick." I said, smiling.

"Hi Sydney, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"I've been better but I'm being taken care of in here. How's everything out there?" I said.

"Tyreese found Karen and David burned and dragged outside." He told me.

"What? Are you saying someone killed them?" I asked.

"Looks like it. I'm trying to find out who did it." He said.

"I wish I could help you but I can't since I'm in here." I said. "How did Tyreese react when he found them?" I asked.

"He became aggressive. Punched me and I punched him back. A lot. Could've killed him if Daryl wasn't there to stop me." He said.

"You wouldn't have killed him Rick, I know you would've stopped yourself." I said.

"Maybe I would've but I'm still happy Daryl was there to stop me just in case I didn't." He said. "I miss you Sydney. I wish you wouldn't in there." He said, getting closer to the glass.

"I miss you too Rick but I'll get better so I can be with you, Emma and Carl." I said. "I love you Rick." I said, putting my hand on the glass.

"I love you too Sydney." He said, putting his hand in the same spot as my hand.

He then left and I went back to my cell. I laid down and fell asleep without realizing.

A few days later, I was out of the cell block since I felt better. I was with Emma when there was an explosion which caused Emma to start crying. Tyreese then ran in and saw us.

"We have to get out of here Sydney!" He exclaimed.

We quickly fled the prison with Judith and Emma. I was praying that Rick and Carl will make it out of there.

We were at a cabin a day or two later. Mika and Lizzie are dead. Lizzie killed Mika and Carol killed Lizzie. I heard an explosion which caused me to look up. The door then opened and Tyreese came inside. He picked up Judith and walked outside. I followed him with Emma in my arms.

I looked ahead and saw a group of people. Daryl, Michonne, Rick, Carl, Maggie and Glenn were part of the group.

Rick and Carl saw me, Emma and Judith. Rick ran to me and Carl ran to Judith before coming to me.

"Thank god you, Emma and Judith are alive." Rick said.

"I missed you mom and Emma." Carl said.

"We missed you both too." I said. "You can thank Tyreese for getting us out of there. If not for him, we wouldn't be here." I said.

"Thank you so much for getting my family out of there Tyreese." Rick said, smiling at Tyreese.

"They're my family too." Tyreese said.

I saw Daryl just staring at me like he wanted to hug me. I handed Emma to Rick and walked to him until I was in front of him. He then engulfed me in a hug and I hugged him back.

We didn't say anything just stayed like that for a minute before pulling away. The others came and hugged me with me returning them. We then started walking away from the place they were at and that was currently on fire.