Chapter 48

"We want to generate trade. Gregory does. But ammo isn't something we urgently need." Jesus said.

"How's that?" Rick asked.

"The walls hold. We just brought in more medicine. Gregory wants the best deal possible." Jesus said.

"Yeah well, we want things too." Daryl said.

"We need food. We came all this way and we're gonna get it." Rick said.

"I will talk to him and we will work this out. Circumstances change. We're doing well now and you will next. I'll make him understand that. Can you give a few days?" Jesus said.

"We can." Michonne said.

"Yeah." Rick said, when we heard noise outside.

"They're back." A man said, when he walked inside.

Glenn helped me stand up and we walked outside. Three people was walking towards us. Gregory was in front of us.

"Nathan what happened to everybody else? Where's Tim and Marsha?" Gregory said.

"They're dead." Nathan said.

"Negan?" Gregory asked.

"Yeah." Nathan said.

"We had a deal." Gregory said.

"He said it wasn't enough." The other man said. "Was the drop light?" He asked.

"No." Gregory said.

"They still have Craig." The woman said.

"They said they'd keep him alive, return him to us, if I deliver a message to you." Nathan said, putting his hand on Gregory's shoulder.

"So, tell me." Gregory said.

"I'm sorry." Nathan said, before stabbing Gregory in the stomach.

Rick then pulled him away and Gregory fell to the ground. I went to him got down on my knees and put pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding. When I looked at the scene, I saw Rick stab Nathan in the neck and killed him.

"We need to get Gregory to the medical trailer now." I said.

Glenn and Daryl helped me get him to the trailer and laid him down on one of the beds.

"What happened?" Harlen asked.

"He was stabbed in the gut." I said.

I began to fix him up with Harlens help. Once he was stitched up, he was in his own bed resting.

"How's he doing?" Jesus asked.

"I fixed him up so he'll live." I said.

He walked out of the room and I was alone with Gregory. He opened his eyes and saw me.

"What's your name?" He asked, moving a bit.

"Sydney." I said. "Don't move too much Gregory or else you'll open the wound." I said.

"Tell me Sydney, are you married?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am." I said.

"Who's the lucky man?" He asked.

"Rick." I said. "Well, I'm going to leave. You stay in bed and rest and don't move around." I said, walking out of the room.

I walked outside and saw Rick. I walked to him and he looked at me.

"I'm going to go to Harlen to get an ultrasound if you want to come with me." I said.

"Of course I'll go with you." He said.

We walked to the trailer and went inside when Maggie and Glenn walked out.

"Hello Sydney and Rick. Came to get an ultrasound to check the gender?" Harlen said.

"You guessed it." I said.

"Lay down on that bed right there and lift your shirt so I can see your belly." He said.

I did what he said and Rick sat down next to the bed and held my hand. He put the gel on my belly and used the wand. He was moving it around until he found the baby.

"There's your baby right there. Looks like it's a boy." He said.

He printed the photo and handed it to me. We then left to head back to Alexandria.

"Sydney, can I see your ultrasound?" Abraham asked.

"Yeah." I said, handing it to him.

"Is it a boy or a girl?" He asked.

"A boy." I answered.

"He's growing quickly. Before you know it, he'll be born." He said, handing the photo back to me.

"Yeah he is. I can't wait to meet him." I said.

He didn't say anything just smiled at me then looked at Glenn.

We soon arrived at Alexandria and I went to the house and saw Carl playing with Emma and Judith.

"Welcome home mom." He said, smiling.

"Glad to be home. And I have something to show you." I said, handing him the photo.

He looked at it then looked back at me with a huge smile on his face.

"That's your little brother." I said.

He showed Emma and she smiled even though she doesn't know what it is.

"Sweetie, that's your little brother." I said.

"Yayy!" She exclaimed, hugging me.

It was now dark and I was getting ready for bed when the door opened.

"Sydney, me some others are going to a satellite outpost that belongs to Negan to get Craig back." Rick told me.

"When are you leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow morning." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine just scared that a war could start." I said.

"I know I am too but it's what we have to do." He said.

"I know it is. I just wish I could help you out there but I can't since I'm pregnant." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I know you do, that's who you are." He said. "Another reason I love you." He added.

"I love you too Rick, always will until the day I die." I said, pecking his lips.

We both laid down and turned the lights off. We cuddled and fell asleep in each other's arms.