Chapter 51

Previously on Would It Matter...

"Anybody moves, anybody says anything, cut the boys other eye out and feed it to his father and then we'll start." Negan said. "You can breathe, you can blink and you can cry. Hell, you're all going to be doing that." He said, before slamming Lucille on...

Now onto chapter 51:

Rick and Negan has been gone for awhile and I was still crying about what happened a few hours ago. I didn't want to believe it. It was light outside when they returned. Negan pushed Rick out of the RV then grabbed the collar of his jacket and pulled to the middle.

I went back to what happened a few hours ago.

He slammed his bat onto Abrahams head. Abraham sat back up with blood trailing down his face from the head wound.

"Look at that! Taking it like a champ!" Negan exclaimed.

"Suck...my...nuts." Abraham said.

"Did you hear that? He said suck my nuts!" Negan yelled, before slamming the bat against Abrahams head a second time then a third and kept going until there was no head left.

Tears were falling down my cheeks at the scene. I was trying to hold on a sob. Daryl then stood up and punched Negan across the face and then was tackled to the ground.

"You want me to do it?" The man asked.

"No." Negan said. "Put him back in line." He said.

Daryl was brought back to where he was before and Negan chuckled a little.

"That...is a no-no. The whole thing, not one bit of shit flies by here." Negan said. "I already told you people the first time was free the what did I say? I said I would shut that shit down. No exceptions. Now I don't know what kind of lying assholes you've been dealing with but I'm a man of my word. First impressions are important. I need you to know me. So...back to it." He said, before slamming bat on Glenn's head.

"No!" Maggie shouted.

Glenn sat back up and looked at Maggie.

"Buddy you still there? I just don't know. It seems like you're trying to speak but you just took a hell of a hit. I just popped your skull so hard your eyeball popped out and it is gross as shit!" Negan said.

"Maggie, I'll find you." Glenn said, spitting out blood.

Negan began slamming his bat on Glenn's head repeatedly until there wasn't a head. The tears was now flowing down my cheeks and onto the ground.

"I'm sorry. I truly am. But I did say it. No exceptions!" Negan shouted, hitting the spot Glenn's head was.

He was finally done and he turned to me, looking me in the eyes then looked at the others.

"Lucille is thirsty! She is a vampire bat!" He joked but none of us laughed.

"Kid, come here." Negan said, looking at Carl. "Kid. Come. Here. Now." He said again.

Carl walked over and Negan tied something around his arm and made him lay on his stomach, next to Rick.

"Please. Please don't. Please don't." Rick begged.

"Me? I ain't doing shit. Rick, I want you to take that axe and cut your sons left arm off. Right along that line. I know you're going to have to process that for a second. That makes sense. Still I'm going to need you to do it. Or all these people are going to die. Then Carl then everyone back home then your pregnant wife...then you. Eventually. I'm gonna keep you breathing for a few more years just so you can stew on it." Negan said.

"You don't have to do this. We understand. We understand." I said. (Was originally Michonne but changed it to Sydney saying this.)

"No, you understand but I'm not sure Rick does. I'm going to need you to cut right there on that line. I know this is a screwed up thing to ask but it's going to have to be like a salami slice. Nothing messy, clean, 45 degrees...give us something to fold over." Negan said. "We got a doctor. The kid will be fine. Probably. Rick this needs to happen now. Or I'll crush the little fellas skull myself." He said.

"It can be me. It can be me." Rick said, through tears.

"No this is the only way. Rick, pick up the axe. Not making a decision is a big decision. You really want to see these people die? You will. Every ugly thing." Negan said. "Oh my god, are you going to make me count? Okay Rick, you win. I am counting! 3!" He said.

"Please. It can be me. It can be me." Rick said.

"2!" Negan continued counting.

"Please don't do—" Rick said, tears falling.

"This is it!" Negan shouted. "1." He said.

"Dad...just do it. Just do it." Carl said.

Rick lifted his arm, getting ready to chop Carls arm off but then Negan stopped him.

"Rick. You answer to me. You provide for me. You belong to me. Right?" Negan said. "Answer when you're spoken to!" He shouted. "You answer to me! You provide for me!" He said.

"Provide for you." Rick said.

"You belong to me! Right?!" Negan said.

"Right." Rick said.

"Now that is the look I wanted to see. We did it...all together. Even the dead guys on the ground. Hell, they get the spirit award for sure!" He shouted. "Today was productive Damn day! Now I hope for all your sake... that you get it now...that you know how things work now. Things have changed. Whatever you had going for you, that is over now. Dwight load him up." He said, before looking at me. "And she's coming with us." He said, walking over to me. "And Rick if you try that not today, not tomorrow thing, I will cut pieces off of...what's his name?" Negan said.

"Daryl." Simon said.

"That actually sounds right." Negan said. "I will cut pieces off of Daryl and put them on your doorstep...better yet, I will bring him to you and you have to do it for me." He said.

I was then in the truck between Negan and some other guy.

"Darling, you're going to have a whole lot of fun at the Sanctuary. You'll be able to live like royalty." Negan said.

I didn't say anything just stared outside the windshield, thinking about my family back at Alexandria. Emma, Judith, Carl, Rick and everyone else.