Chapter 55

I've been here for a few weeks and I was out of the bedroom. I quietly took the key to Daryls cell and made my way down there to let him out. I made sure no one was around and unlocked the door. I opened it and Daryl looked at me, relief plastered on his face.

"Come on Daryl, let's get out of here please." I said, quietly.

He changed his clothes and we walked outside. Fat Joey came around the corner and he started talking but then Daryl killed him.

"It's not about getting by. It's about getting it all." Daryl said, looking at me.

He got on a motorcycle with me getting on after him. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held on tightly so I don't fall off. We rode off and headed toward, I think, Hilltop. As long as it's anywhere but here.

After riding for awhile, we came up to Hilltops gate. They opened and we rode inside. I got off and saw Maggie. I walked up to her and hugged her.

"How are you and the baby?" I asked.

"We're good. The baby's good." She said. "How are you and your baby?" She asked.

"I need to tell you something." I said.

They both stood side by side and looked at me, waiting for me to speak.

"What is it about?" Maggie asked.

"It's about the baby. I'm not pregnant anymore." I said.

"You gave birth early? But you were only six months in." Maggie said.

"I did but..." I said, feeling tears threatening to fall. "I had a miscarriage. I lost the baby." I told them.

"Oh my god Sydney." Maggie said, pulling me into a hug. "I'm so sorry." She said.

"Thanks but I'll be okay." I said, pulling away.

Daryl hugged me as well since I'm like a sister to him.

"I'm sorry about your lose Sydney. We're here whenever you need us." Daryl said.

I had to go to Dr. Carson to get a check-up to make sure everything's fine even though it's been a few weeks since the miscarriage. Once he finished, I heard the gate open again. I walked out of the trailer and saw Rick hugging Daryl. I walked closer and they pulled away and Daryl gave him his gun back.

Rick finally looked up and saw me. I saw a smile appearing on his face and he walked towards me.

"Hi." I said, smiling.

He pulled me into a hug and I hugged him back. Carl joined in the hug and we stayed like that for a little while.

"I missed you mom." Carl said.

"I missed you too." I said. "I missed you both." I added.

"We heard about the baby, mom. I'm sorry you lost it and just know it wasn't your fault." Carl said.

"Thank you for saying that Carl. I really needed you two with me when I found out but I knew you guys were with me in a way." I said. "But I'm still going to fight through this until we find peace again." I said.

"And we'll fight with you baby." Rick said, looking me in the eye.

"I love you mom." Carl said.

"I love you too Carl." I said, kissing his cheek. "And I love you Rick." I said, pecking Ricks lips.

"I love you too." Rick said. "Now let's go plan our next move." He said.

I walked between Rick and Carl to the house. We were in the study, trying to talk to Gregory. Which isn't going well.