Chapter 74

A/N: The following chapters are going to be a plot that I made up. They're not coming from the show. There will be parts that did but not a lot.

**********

I've been walking alone for a few days. Still no sign of Rick. I'm not going to lose hope though. I check in with Carol everyday so she knows I'm okay. Carol told me that Daryl found out I left when he woke up and didn't see me anywhere. I know it's taking everything to keep him from looking for me. I miss my kids but I need to find their father and bring him back to them.

I was walking on the street with trees on both sides. I was watching everywhere since something or someone can come out of the trees at any moment. I saw a gas station down the road and I headed towards it. I pulled my machete out and got ready to use it if I needed to. I banged on the window to attract any walkers that could be inside.

I waited a few minutes but nothing happened. I opened the door and walked inside quietly. I went down an aisle and started searching for anything I could use. I saw something on the floor and so I crouched down and grabbed it. I shined my flashlight on it and saw that it was a phone. It had drawings on it. It was a me, Judith and Emma etched on the screen. With Ricks name and something written in a language I don't know.

I put the phone in my pocket and stood back up. I shined my flashlight on the shelves and I saw boots that looked like Ricks. I slowly walked towards them and grabbed them. I felt tears building up in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away. Now's not the time to get emotional. I put them down before searching for food and water. I doubt there's bullets in a gas station.

After searching the store, I left the building. I looked to my left and saw a herd of walkers making their way towards me.

"Damnit." I said, under my breath.

I started walking but a little faster even though walkers don't walk that fast. But yet it could be whisperers. I grabbed the walkie from my belt and put it to my mouth.

"Carol, are you there?" I asked, looking back at the herd.

"I'm here Sydney. How are you doing?" Carol replied.

"I've been better. I got a herd of walkers behind me." I said.

"They could also be whisperers with them." She said.

"That's what I'm worried about. I can handle walkers but a group of whisperers, I'm not so sure of." I said. "The bright side is, my leg don't hurt and I've checked it. It's almost fully healed. Maybe I should've waited until it healed before leaving but too late to think about that." I said.

"You'll be okay, I know you will. You're a strong woman." She said.

"Yeah I am." I said. "How's the kids doing?" I asked.

"They're doing good. They miss their mom. They keep asking about you and they're scared something is going to happen to you." She said.

"Can you tell them that I'm okay and I'll be back with them when I find Rick." I said. "If I find him." I mumbled, under my breath.

"You'll find him. I know you won't stop until you do." She said. "I will tell your kids that you're okay." She added.

"What about Daryl? How's he doing?" I asked.

"He's going nuts knowing you're out there. He cares about you Sydney and he's worried about you." She said. "He wants to talk you." She said.

"Sydney, are you okay out there?" Daryl asked, worried.

"I'm okay Daryl, don't worry." I said. "How's it going over there? You know, with the whisperers?" I asked, when I heard something in the leaves to my left. "Hold on." I said, getting quiet.

Someone ran out and grabbed me by my throat and lifted me up. I dropped the walkie down to the ground and held onto the persons wrist. It was a man with short black hair and he looked pretty young. He wasn't wearing a walker mask, so he wasn't part of the whisperers.

"Who are you? And why are you trespassing onto our land?" The man asked.

"S-Sydney. C-Can you put me down so I c-can t-talk?" I replied.

He dropped me to the ground and I started coughing, trying to get air back into my lungs.

"I'm sorry I trespassed. I didn't know." I said, looking at the man who was now aiming a gun at my head. "I'm just looking for my husband." I said.

"Who's your husband?" He asked.

"Rick Grimes." I said.

"You're Ricks wife?" He asked.

"Yeah. Wait, you know him?" I said. "Where is he?" I asked, standing up the best I could after grabbing the walkie.

"Yeah." He said. "He came in about six years ago. And since he healed, he's been an asshole. Keeps trying to escape. Keeps threatening to kill us every time we stop him." He said.

My hands were then tied behind my back and my machete and gun was taken from me.

"He'll be real happy to see we got his wife. But yet he won't be able to get near you since won't allow it." He said, hitting me in the side of the head.

I was put onto a shoulder and soon passed out when they started walking.