Chapter 30

I was inside with Emma bouncing up and down on my legs. She was giggling while looking at me which caused me to smile.

"Look at you having fun Emma." Rick said, behind me and crouched down beside me. "I'm going to go outside for a little bit." He told me.

"Okay." I said.

He pecked my lips and kissed the top of Emma's head then walked outside.

A few minutes later, the cell door opened. I looked and saw Daryl carrying Carol inside. He put her in her bed and I handed Emma to Beth so I can go look at her.

"Where did you find her?" I asked.

"In the tombs by herself." Daryl told me.

Carol then opened her eyes and looked at me. I had a water bottle in my hand and I sat her up.

"Drink some water Carol. You need to get hydrated." I said.

She grabbed the bottle and drank some water. She put the bottle down on the bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"Thank god you're alive Carol." I said, hugging her back. We then heard someone coming into the cell block. "Stay here. I'll be right back." I said, walking out of the cell.

Daryl walked with me to the cell door and I saw Rick with someone that I didn't recognize.

"Who the hell is that?" Daryl asked.

"We saw her outside the fence and she's injured." Rick said. "Sydney, can you fix her leg?" He asked.

"Yeah I can." I said, walking to her and crouched down which she slid away from me slightly.

"My wife is a doctor. She'll fix your leg up." Rick assured her.

The others went into the cell except for Carl. He wanted to stay here with me so the woman doesn't try anything. I cut her pants leg open until the bullet wound was exposed. It was starting to get infected.

"Carl, go get me some disinfectant, sutures and a bandage." I said.

"Okay." Carl said, running into the cell to get what I needed.

"Is he your son?" The woman asked.

"He's my step-son." I said, smiling. "I'm Sydney." I introduced myself.

"Michonne." She said.

"Nice to meet you Michonne." I said, when the cell door opened.

I looked and saw Carl and Rick coming out here. I was handed the disinfectant and I put some on a rag and dabbed the wound with it, causing her to wince. I took my bandana off my neck and handed it to her.

"Put this in your mouth so you have something to bite down on so you don't bite your tongue." I said.

She did as I said and I got ready to start suturing her wound.

"Rick, can you hold her leg down so she doesn't move it and cause me to mess up?" I asked.

Rick nodded and held her leg down. I pushed the needle into her skin and started stitching the wound closed. As I expected, she kept trying to move her leg but luckily it wasn't enough to make me mess up.

I finished stitching her leg and I disinfected it again then wrapped a bandage around her leg after putting gauze on it.

"There you go, all done." I said. "I'll have to keep an eye on it everyday to make sure the infection goes away." I said. She nodded her head and laid down. "If you go into pain, just yell for me and I'll come." I said.

"Alright. Thank you." She said.

"Anytime." I said.

Me, Rick and Carl walked into the cell. Rick was talking to the others about how to get Glenn and Maggie back from the Governor. At least that's what Michonne said. Michonne went off about people touching her. She only lets me touch so I tend to her wound.

After some discussion, a group was heading out to try to get Maggie and Glenn back. I was outside, carrying Emma when the door opened. I looked and saw Rick and the rest coming outside. Rick walked over to me and Emma with a smile on his face.

"Be safe Rick. I can't lose you, neither can Carl and Emma." I said.

"We'll be careful. You're not going to get rid of me that easily." He said.

"Da." Emma said, looking at him.

"I'll be back little Emma. I'm not leaving you, mommy or Carl." He said, smiling at her.

"You don't want daddy to leave, do you Emma?" I asked. She shook her head a bit, causing us to smile. "Love you Rick." I said, looking at him.

"Love you too Sydeny. I love you too Emma." He said, pecking my lips then kissed the top of Emma's head.

They soon left and I went inside to put Emma down for her nap while I took mine. I laid down and closed my eyes to pass the time.