Chapter 3

I was in the kitchen drinking coffee while reading a book when I heard footsteps coming into the room. I turned my head and saw Rick rubbing his eyes.

"Morning Rick." I greeted him, smiling. "I made coffee and breakfast for you." I said.

"Thanks." He said, groggily.

"I'm going to head over to see Lori since I haven't seen them for awhile." I said. "I should be back later." I said, standing up.

"Alright." He said, walking into the living room and plopped on the couch and started watching TV while eating.

I got in my car and began driving to their house. I pulled into the driveway and turned the car off. I walked to the front door and knocked but got no answer. I found it weird since Lori's car is in the driveway. I pulled the key out since they gave me their spare and I unlocked the door. I walked inside and I heard noise that sounded like moaning coming from Lori's and Rick's bedroom which confused me.

I walked up the stairs and the door was opened a little bit and I saw Lori naked in bed with someone. I opened it and saw Shane on top of her.

"What the hell?" I said, gaining their attention.

"Sydney! It's not what it looks like!" Lori's exclaimed, covering herself up.

"Oh really? Because what I think it looks like is that your screwing around with another man that so happens to be Rick's best friend!" I said, a bit too loud.

"Please don't tell him Sydney." Lori begged.

"Why shouldn't I?" I asked, angry. "You're fucking cheating on him! How could you do something like this Lori?!" I shouted.

"I don't know. I wasn't thinking straight!" Lori shouted.

"Is this why you're causing so many fucking fights with Rick?! Trying to push him away?!" I shouted. "I can't believe you would this to him Lori! To a good man!" I shouted.

I turned and saw Carl standing in the doorway of his room.

"Come on buddy. You want to have a sleepover at my house for a few days?" I asked. He nodded his head with a smile. "Let's go pack you a bag then." I said, going into his room and helped him pack his bags. We walked out of his bedroom and Lori and Shane was standing outside the bedroom.

They didn't say anything but I looked at them with an angry expression on my face. I put Carl's bags in my car and I buckled him in the car then got into the drivers seat. I left and started driving back to my house.

"Aunt Sydney." Carl said.

"What is it buddy?" I asked, glancing at him through the rear view mirror.

"Why were you yelling at my mom?" He asked.

"It's adult stuff. Nothing for you to worry about." I said, sending him a smile.

I pulled into my driveway and turned the car off. I got out and got Carl out then got his bags. We walked to the front door and I unlocked it and he ran inside.

"Carl, go on in the living room and I'll be down after I put your bags in your room." I said.

"Okay!" Carl exclaimed, running into the living room. "Hi dad!" He shouted, seeing his dad.

After putting the bags in the room, I went back downstairs and went to the living room when Carl was telling him what happened.

"Aunt Sydney yelled at mom." Carl told him. Rick looked at me with a look of confusion.

"Go on to your room and put your stuff away while I talk to your father." I said.

"Okay Aunt Sydney." He said, getting up and ran to his room. I sat down next to Rick.

"Why did you yell at Lori?" Rick asked.

"I caught her doing something terrible." I said.

"What was she doing?" He asked.

"She was having sex with..." I said, looking down then back to him. "With Shane." I said.

"She was cheating on me?" He asked, not believing me.

"She was. I saw her with my own two eyes and she was doing it while Carl was in his room. I had to get him out of there." I said. "I'm sorry Rick." I said.

"I can't believe she would do that to me. What am I going to do Sydney? I can't stay with her because she could end up doing it again." He said. "I'm going to file for divorce. It's the best choice." He said.

"It is. You and Carl can live here with me." I said.

"Are you sure we wouldn't be a burden?" He asked.

"I'm sure. I love having you both here." I said.

"Thank you Sydney." He said, hugging me.

"No problem Rick. That's what I'm here for." I said, hugging him back. We heard footsteps coming downstairs. We pulled away and saw Carl walking towards us.

"Carl, I have to tell you something." Rick said.

"What is it dad?" Carl asked.

"Me and you are going to move in with Aunt Sydney." He told him.

"What about mom?" He asked.

"Me and your mom are going to get a divorce." He said.

"Why?" Carl asked, tears in his eyes.

"Because she cheated on me." He told him. Carl didn't say anything just hugged him.

"I can drive over and get your things." I said.

"No. I'll do it. I have to confront Lori anyways and tell her that I'm divorcing her." He said.

"Okay. I'll stay here with Carl." I said.

"Thank you. You be good with Aunt Sydney, okay?" He said.

"I will dad." Carl said.

Rick then left to get his and Carl's things and bring them here.