Chapter 32

Rick was on his way to talk to this governor guy and I was scared what the outcome would be. Hershel and Daryl went with him but I was still worried that they could get killed.

I was carrying Emma around after feeding her when I heard something in a part of the prison. I walked in and saw Merle packing guns into a bag.

"What are you doing Merle?" I asked.

"I'm going to do what y'all should've done before." Merle said.

"That could get your brother, my husband and Hershel killed." I said.

"I have to end this Sydney and you know I do." He said.

"Yes I want it to end but not when they're in the middle of it." I said.

"I'm not going to let you put them in danger." Glenn said.

"Out of my way." Merle said.

"No. You're not going." Glenn said.

"I said out of my way!" Merle said.

Glenn and Merle began fighting and they rolled down the stairs. Merle was trying to kill Glenn.

"Merle! Let him go!" I shouted.

Emma was crying by this time and there was a gunshot a second later which scared me. I looked behind me and saw Beth holding a pistol.

I was sitting at a table with Emma when the door opened. I looked up and saw Rick, Daryl and Hershel come inside. Rick walked over and I stood up with Emma in my arms. He hugged us both and pecked my lips then kissed the top of Emma's head.

We went into the cell block and Rick told us how everything went with the governor.

"This governor wants a war." Rick told everyone.

I walked outside since Beth had Emma. I walked to the guard tower and went to the top. I looked towards the bridge and saw Lori standing there. Tears were beginning to build up in my eyes but I blinked them away. Someone then joined me and stood next to me. I looked to see Rick.

"Are you okay Sydney?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm okay. Just tired of people trying to kill us." I said. "But it is what it is, right?" I said.

"It is." He said. "There's something else that the governor wanted. Something I didn't tell everyone." He said.

"What is it?" I asked, looking at him.

"He wants me to give him Michonne and he'll leave us alone. But I don't think I should believe him." He told me. "Do you think I should give him Michonne?" He asked.

"I don't think you should but he could be telling the truth that he'll leave us alone. But he could be lying and he'll attack us anyways." I said. "It's hard to know for sure but whatever you decide, I'll stand by you. You always do what's right for you and for everyone." I said.

"I think..." He said. "I think I'll give Michonne to him." He said.

"If that's what you think is right, I'll stand by you. We're all still alive because of you. Because of the decisions you make." I said, wrapping my arms around him.

He didn't say anything, just smiled at me before kissing me. We were now leaning against the railing of the guard tower in silence until I broke it.

"Rick." I said, still looking in front of me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I've been seeing Lori around. She was on the bridge before you came." I told him. "She was wearing a white dress. She was smiling at me like I did something she liked. She disappeared after that and that's when you came." I said, looking at him. "I miss her Rick." I said, tears building up.

"I know you do. I do too." He said, pulling me against him.

I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his shoulder while he rubbed my back.

"She's still with you Sydney and she'll never leave. She's watching you from above to make sure me, you, Carl, Judith and Emma stays safe." He said. "I can't say I understand what you're going through but just know I'm here Sydney. You know you can come to me. I'm your husband and you can trust me to stay by you through anything that happens." He said.

"Thank you Rick. I love you. So much." I said, pulling away slightly and looked at him.

"You don't need to thank me." He said. "And I love you too Sydney." He added.

I kissed him and he kissed back. We then pulled away and looked off into the woods.