Chapter 68

Ricks POV:

I saw someone laying on the ground and I rode over to them. I saw that it was Sydney and she had a bad head wound with blood going down most of her face. I saw another horde coming from another direction. The horse spooked and threw me off and I landed on something and I looked down to see rebar going through my side.

"Sydney. Wake up." I said, in pain. "Sydney, wake up! Please wake up." I said.

I saw her chest going up and down, which meant she was still alive. I took my belt off and wrapped it on the two rebar's above me. I pulled and kept pulling no matter how much it hurt. Once I was finally off, I crawled to Sydney and got her to stand up even though she was leaning against me. I got her on the horse through the pain and got on behind her. I held onto her while I rode away from the walkers and in the direction to the bridge.

I don't want to sacrifice the bridge but maybe I have to in order to stop the horde from getting across. I felt my eyes shutting but I kept them open as long as I can. I felt her moving and she groaned.

"W-What happened?" She asked.

"You hit your head Sydney and you were unconscious when I found you." I said.

"Rick?" She said, slowly looking at me then looked down at my wound. "Oh my god Rick!" She yelled, seeing the wound.

"I'm fine. I'm more worried about you." I said, wincing in pain.

Sydney's POV:

He might be saying he's fine but I know he's not. Not with that wound. After a little while, I blacked out and I remember the both of us falling off the horse.

I opened my eyes and I helped Rick stand up and we started walking. I had an arm around his waist while he was holding onto mine. We got to the bridge and he fell then got back up. We slowly walked across the bridge and I heard a walker get killed.

I looked to the right and saw Daryl and the others. Everyone, except Daryl, started running to get to the other side of the bridge.

"No." I muttered.

Rick held onto me tightly, raising his gun. I looked where he was aiming and I saw the box of Dynamite was on the ground and opened. I smiled before looking at Rick. I kissed him before he shot and the bridge blew up.

I was on my back at the bottom and I fell unconscious again.

My eyes opened and I saw that I was laying in a bed. I looked around but didn't see Rick. The door opened and Daryl walked inside, sitting next the bed.

"Where's Rick?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Sydney. We didn't find him. He's gone." Daryl told me.

"No. That can't be right. He was right next to me. He was next to me." I said, not believing it. "He was right there. I saw him beside me." I said, tears falling down my cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said, tearing up.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe he's gone." I said. "Me and Rick was going to die together but yet I'm still here. We were supposed to die together but he died and I didn't. I'm still alive." I said. "Why is this happening Daryl? Why is everyone around me dying? I lost my parents, lost my sister, lost my baby, lost my son and now I lost my husband. What am I going to do Daryl? How am I supposed to get through this?" I said.

"You'll get through this Sydney. I know you can. You're a strong woman." He said.

"I know. But me and Rick...we were trying for another baby. I don't even know if I'm pregnant. I'm not even sure if I want to be anymore. If I am, he won't know. He won't ever be able to meet them. His child won't grow up with him. Someone I want them to know." I said.

"Rick will still see them from above. He'll want you to keep fighting for him. Fighting for everyone who lost their lives." He said. "He'll want you to stay alive for your kids, you're unborn child if you're pregnant and for us. We're here for you. Especially me. I've been with you since the beginning." He said.

"I'm happy you're still here Daryl. I don't think I'll get through this if I didn't have you with me." I said, looking at him.

He didn't respond just smiled and held onto my hand while I cried. I'm really thankful I have Daryl.

"Where's the kids?" I asked.

"They're with Michonne. Do you want me to get them?" He asked.

"Please? I need to see them." I said. "Do they know what happened to their father?" I asked.

"Not yet. I think it's best if the news comes from you." He said.

He left and soon came back with Judith and Emma.

"Mommy!" They yelled in unison. "We missed you." They said, hugging me.

"I missed you both too." I said. "I need to tell you both something important." I said.

"What is it?" Emma asked.

"It's about your father." I said. "You won't be seeing him anymore." I said, more tears building up.

"Why?" Judith asked, beginning to cry along with Emma.

"Your father is with Carl. They're watching over us." I said.

"Daddy's dead?" Emma asked.

"I'm sorry sweethearts, he is. But remember, he's always with you in your hearts." I said, the tears falling down my cheeks.

They started crying against me with me crying too. Daryl came over and stayed with us all day.