- 49

Omniscient : Chapter Forty-SevenMany Years Ago

Many Years Ago

"Baby, I CAN BREAK YOU DOWNNNN, THERE'S SO MANY WAYS TO LOVE YA! GOT ME LIKE, OH MY GOD I'M SO-"

Brianna rolled her eyes turning her volume down, "Kemar shut up," she whined. The attitude laced in her voice, "Like I told you I broke my headphones, and you just keep yelling."

She tied the bread back up and put the mayonnaise back in the fridge. "You always gotta have a problem." Kemar's voice boomed from her phone.

"Alright see how fast you would've hung up if my dad walked in." She said matter-of-factly.

He chuckled, "and your reaction time would've been right behind mine."

She rolled her eyes when he looked at her with brooding confidence.

"You know I'm right," Kemar insisted. "You always gotta have the last word." Brianna shook her head, "I don't always have to have the last nothing, I just don't let you get away with just saying shit."

"You know what you need." He started when she rolled her eyes. "You need a be loved on." Kemar's voice had an unusual seriousness to it.

Brianna couldn't help but burst out laughing as she poured her juice, causing some to spill on the countertop.

"Alright bro," Kemar smacked his lips, causing Brianna to struggle to stop herself from laughing out loud. She pressed her hand to her mouth to mute her laugh but the shaking of her shoulders gave it away.

"It's just funny though cause just the other day you were overthinking kissing m-" Kemar jumped in, "I wanted to make sure you were comfortable!" He pleaded his case.

Brianna shook her head with a smile, "I know, I know." She paused for a moment, thinking about his words. As much as Kemar could be annoying, he always had her best interests at heart. Brianna felt grateful to have someone who cared about her so much but wasn't overbearing like her father and uncle.

She made it back up to her room, getting comfortable. Brianna wondered if she was doing the right thing, allowing herself to be vulnerable with Kemar. She had been hurt before, and the thought of opening herself up again scared her.

But Kemar was different, he was patient, and he understood her in a way no one else did. Nevertheless, it was him, carrying that notorious last name, descending from that certain bloodline.

She sighed as she ate while writing in her journal, her thoughts racing. As much as she tried to fight it, her feelings for Kemar were undeniable.