- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚

Brianna pov : Chapter Twenty-One

"Get ya little ass in here," my uncle grabbed me up.

I rolled my eyes, fixing my hoodie as we stood in the kitchen. "What did I do?" I said with a little attitude.

He looked at me like I was dumb, "you walk around here like me and ya father don't live here. Youn know how to speak?"

I nodded, "I do but what is there to talk about?" I shrugged.

"Actually. Can I ask you a question? Why all of a sudden is the security so loose? Before the last couple of months. I could come home and you and dad could tell me my every move if y'all wanted to. But now, you have to ask me who I'm with and I never randomly spot somebody following me."

Before he could answer I spoke again, "It's like you know something or you don't want me to ask questions. So you're all of a sudden pulling back."

I usually have to ask them to leave the house or just give them a heads-up beforehand. I could walk out the door and they wouldn't ask not a question. That's suspicious as fuck. "Why?" I questioned when he didn't answer.

"You're thinking too into it Brianna." He muttered leaning back against the counter massaging his beard.

I snickered dryly. I didn't think about what I was about to say next. Only that I was so done with Thai whole. "You know I'm pregnant right?"

His eyes widened but he didn't say anything.

"Bye who-"
"By that boy?" My father asked sternly as he came walking in. Not gonna lie my heart dropped to my ass but then I gathered myself.

"Yes, the boy that I love the boy that is soon to be the father of my child," I said, just to piss him off.

His eyes lowered at me, "you-" He started but turned his head, releasing a dark chuckle and shaking his head. "Are y'all even still together?"

I jerked my head back, confused. "Why wouldn't we be?"

My dad and uncle both glanced at each other. "Why wouldn't we be? Did y'all do something?" I raised my voice.

"Nah." He shook his head, then looked at me. "Now I want you to listen to me, Brianna-"

"No. I want you to listen to me."

"The tighter you try to hold on to someone, the more likely it is that they will slip through your fingers. Just be yourself and trust that things will happen as they're supposed to. What is it worth anyway if they want to leave, but you keep them through trickery, lies, deception, or other negative methods? If their love for you alone is not enough to make them want to stay, then let them go. It will free you up for the right person who will walk through fire, risk life and limb, unselfishly put your needs first, and who wouldn't leave your side when they don't under your decisions. When they only reply to argue not to understand."

I watch the realization in his eyes, the pain. My uncle only stood there listening.

"I'm sure you recognize what woman said that cause she wrote it word for word in her diary, and for so long I thought she was talking about a lover. But I now realize she was talking about family."

"Brianna-"

"I am telling you I love him. And that you can't change that," I pointed to my dad, "and you can't change it," I turned to my uncle. Tears rolled down my face. "And all I want is for you to listen, j-just to listen to m-me." I glanced at my uncle, "and you wonder why I don't talk? Why I keep to myself all of a sudden? Because what's the point in talking if no one is listening to me?"