- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚

Omniscient : Chapter Forty-One

"Listen to me Mar" Josiah spoke shakily, "you gon' lose a lota' blood, like a lot." Josiah cut himself off looking at Ja," As soon as we pull up, lay him in front of the house on the sidewalk."

He looked back at Kemar, "Look it's either we all go down for what we just did and never see our kids again. Or you stick this one out until we get to the hospital. We gon make it look like an accident okay? It's gon' be a good minute before you can get treated for this," he looked at Kemar's leg basically leaking blood into the bag.

Josiah explained the plan to both of them while Kemar weakly listened.

Then, they rounded the corner.

Ja ran up to Brianna and Kemar's front door after doing as Josiah had said

"Come with me and don't be loud please," Ja put his finger up to his mouth looking at a confused Brianna who had just opened the door. "What? What happened?" She looked at who she recognized as Ja.

His heart ached for what she was about to see.

Ja quickly placed his hand over Brianna's mouth when he saw a scream about to rip through. She pushed him off of her and ran to Kemar who was on the ground holding himself.

Josiah ran over to Ja. "Go. Take the car and speed off, make sure that shit loud as hell. Ima shoot in the air so don't be alarmed go hurry up." Josiah gritted, his heart racing. He prayed this worked.

"Oh my god, Kemar," Brianna sobbed, tears streaming down her face. Kemar was mumbling words she couldn't understand. She looked at the sweat glazing his forehead.

Josiah desperately wanted to help but the scene needed to look as believable as possible. "Brianna I know you're wondering why I'm not helping but I need you to drag him to the car, trust me."

She shook her head, watching Kemar who was breathing deeply, "l-listen-n to h-him."

She did as told trying to keep herself together. As they did that Josiah poured a small amount of blood from the bag where Kemar was initially laying.

Once Josiah saw Brianna successfully trying to get Kemar to the passenger seat he took his gun out and nodded at Ja.

Who started speeding down the street revving the engine, Josiah stuck his gun out the window firing three shots, and followed after Ja.

After several minutes many lights flickered on throughout the neighborhood. Some neighbors even came running outside to help. "Oh my god, what happened." A woman screamed coming out of her house.

And that's when it hit Brianna, Josiah was staging a drive-by shooting that the police would have no reason to question.

"They drove b-by, please help me!" She placed her hand over Kemar's wound.

Several people called 911. Kemar held his knee while she tightly secured his shoulder. "I'm okay baby," he choked out knowing that even though she was lying to them, she was still terrified for his life.

"Do you remember what the car looked like? A color maybe," another neighbor, a white male who rushed out of the house after hearing the shots asked.

Brianna shook her head, "no it's all happened so fast," she spoke shakily.

As the sirens grew louder, a sense of relief washed over Brianna and Kemar, knowing that help was on its way. The neighbors huddled around the couple, providing support and comfort while they anxiously waited for the police and ambulance to arrive.

The traumatizing events of that night had brought the neighborhood together, revealing a surprising sense of unity amidst the chaos.

Yet, behind her facade of being a victim, Brianna couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt for her role in the staged drive-by shooting.

As the first responders arrived on the scene, Brianna held Kemar's hand tightly, desperately trying to maintain her composure.

The police started questioning the neighbors, gathering any information they could about the incident. Meanwhile, Kemar was carefully loaded onto a stretcher and ushered into the waiting ambulance.

As the ambulance doors closed, Alexus, hesitantly stepped out of the house with Giovanni and Sesan. The boys clung to her, visibly shaken by the tense atmosphere and anxious faces surrounding them.

Brianna's eyes welled up with tears as she embraced her children, grateful that they didn't witness their father on the ground.

"Alexus, can you possibly take them with you? I know you need to get back to Iyanha. I know I'm asking for a lot."

"No, no Brianna, you're fine," Alexus cut her off, trying her best to provide comfort and support. "I can take the boys with me. You focus on Kemar and finding out what happened."

"Mommy," Brianna looked down at Sesan.

"Yeah," she bent down to his level.

"Is Dad hurt because he fell again?"

Brianna looked at him confused. "He fell?"

Sesan nodded as he recounted the earlier incident. "Dad fell in the bathroom, he was struggling to breathe and stand up," he explained with a worried expression.

Brianna's heart sank as she processed this new piece of information. Determined to get to the bottom of what had happened to Kemar, she hugged Sesan tight and whispered, "Don't worry baby, we're going to make sure Dad gets better."

With that, Alexus guided Giovanni and Sesan to her car, ensuring they were safely buckled in before driving off.