- Chapter Nine

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚 : 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙫

"So how we finna do this?" The boy asked raising an eyebrow. He sat down on the stool near the countertop. I shrugged looking at the girl who only glanced at us and folded her hands playfully.

Yes, the boy and girl. I walked into the room to find two other people my age both sitting awkwardly. A boy and girl, one near the counter and the other awkwardly sitting near the couch.

"Look, when my mother said she wanted me to meet some people my age to have so meeting with, I almost called her a fuckin' liar. Cause I sure as hell didn't believe it."

I smiled, "I'm just glad I'm not the only teen that's been raised like this. Stuck to only socialize with adults besides school."

The boy sucked his teeth, " at least you got that. I'm homeschooled."

"Damn," I mumbled.

"The girl huffed. "All hell would break loose if I couldn't physically go to school. That's my only getaway."

"Did your mom tell you why we are here?" I asked her taking a seat on the couch across from where she was.  "My dad said it was important for us to get to know each other," the boy mumbled. The girl looked at him confused, " my mom said the same thing."

"Squid games, question mark?"

I chuckled, at the boy's statement.

"Pause, we need to introduce ourselves or something. Cause we in New York  trapped here and having a full conversation and I don't even know y'all names." The girl said crossing her legs.

"Hey y'all," the boy dramatically raised his voice. "My name Quil, I'm Seventeen, eighteen in July. I like presents, thank you. Uhm, my favorite color is green, and I got me a sugar daddy. Next."

I laughed and then looked at the girl.

She gave a tight lip smile, "my name is Tate. I'm 18, my favorite color is red. I got me a lil boo or whatever. Uhhhh, I'm not a Zodiac person but I'm a Leo, and if you're a Pisces man stay away from me."