- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Brianna pov : Chapter Eighteen

"That's money," Quil mumbled throwing the ball up as Tate couldn't even get the ball to swipe the net

"That's money," Quil mumbled throwing the ball up as Tate couldn't even get the ball to swipe the net. "Ohh! This money too!" He started gassing himself. "Ight na' you do this all the time I don't. I win."

He rolled his eyes, "please. I just whooped your ass by 34, you buggin'."

"One more," she challenged. "Bet."

I smiled at the interaction as I stood to the side. It was cold as a bitch in here. And when I'm told I keep my hands in my pocket and stay to myself. When I'm cold that means I'm too cold to eat, sleep, talk, move all that.

"Yo, you good." I turned around to see a man that looked around my age. I raised an eyebrow, "oh, yeah I'm fine."

I went to turn back around until I saw his facial expression.

"B-Brianna?" I took a step closer to him, a look of sadness almost written on his face. I tilted my head to the side, "sorry do I? Do I know you?"

He chuckled dryly, "damn you don't even remember a nigga?" He smiled.

He looked a little familiar actually. His smile and dimples. And that bug ass nose, "Ace?!" A smile broke out on my face when he started laughing.

"How have you been? Oh my god. Come here." I pulled him into a hug. When I was younger I had four foster brothers. With the life my parents had my father felt it was too dangerous to take any kids in. But with my mother's heart, she just wasn't allowing that.

In total it was Ace, Scarra, Kygee, and Keagan. I haven't seen any of them since I was younger and they were out back in their original homes when things were stable.

"It's been good?" He rubbed his hands together. "You cold?" He mumbled taking off his jacket and wrapping it around me. "Thanks, who are you here with," I asked, reminding me of Tate and Quil who were acting like kids who never left the house.

He nodded over in the opposite direction, "my little sister, she just got out of a breakup. I thought why not try to cheer her up and take her to Dave & Buster's, even though she doesn't need to be dating any damn way."

I smiled, nodding, "well I'm happy for you." He shook his head glancing at me, "you've always been nice for no reason. You happy for me? What if I'm a robber or killer clown or some shit."

I rolled my eyes at him, "yup you're still the same. Say shit that doesn't make sense for no damn reason." I laughed.

After exchanging numbers I went to go find these lunatics.

"So what are you getting again?" Tate asked for the third time

"So what are you getting again?" Tate asked for the third time. She was more nervous than me and I was the one getting the tattoo.

"Girl I don't told you already- Brianna Langston? You can come to the back" a lanky Hispanic man cut me off. I nodded, grabbing my purse and phone. "If you get too bored feel free to dip and we can meet up after. Quil hyper ass shore couldn't be able to sit her this long."

She nodded, "I'll be here."

The process wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I hurt but it wasn't unbearable.

 I hurt but it wasn't unbearable

"You like it?"

"I love it. I was scared but it turned out good really like the placements." After paying upfront. I spotted Tate mingling with what looked like some other tattoo artists.

"The appointment is in an hour so we can get food," I suggested. She agreed, "I'm feelin' Panera right now."

Dad👨🏿‍🦱❤️

Where you at?

Out with a friend

What friend?

Not him so it doesn't really matter

"You been alright. Cause I didn't forget about that whole situation on FaceTime last time we spoke and all of a sudden you want a new look. A tattoo, we waiting on this hair appointment, you got a belly piercing. And I'm noticing this whole new vibe you got."

Tate and I have got a lot closer, so her reading me like a book like this wasn't surprising. "First of all," I mumbled, "you forced me out of the house, let's start there second, I don't know." I mostly told the truth.

I don't know what's going on with me, I just woke up wanting to get my shit together. Although I wasn't going through anything crazy before, it's just I wasn't the happiest when I knew I could be.

I've been waiting on something to push me to achieve what I want but I suddenly realized I don't need a push I could just go.

I'm currently looking into buying an apartment I just didn't know how to bring it up to my dad.

"Well, I'm happy you're happy. Over there glowing."