- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧 : 𝙆𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙧 𝙥𝙤𝙫

"Nigga walking in here late with a meal, where ya Bev at?" My fifteen-year-old brother Lentz looked up from his phone in his spot on the couch. "Where ya business at nigga. Fuck out my face." I mushed his head. He hummed, "Mean ass bi- chill" He threw his hands up when I bucked at him.

"Where dad at?" I walked to the kitchen, grabbing a fork.

"In the back room waiting on ya ass, I ca' get some?" He sat up. I smacked my lips, eyeing his greedy ass, "Youn even know what it is." I walked out before he could actually ask.

I made my way down the long hallway and down a flight of stairs. It was a lil private area in the house that we called the back room. As I made my way to the room, I walked in on my dad checking his watch at the table.

"About damn time," he mumbled. "My bad dad." I looked around the room, "grandad," I nodded at him. Damon, one of the men from a small ally group, sat across from my father. "You're late and you decided to stop and get food?" My grandad raised an eyebrow at me.

"My girl made it. She wanted me to come see her before I headed out, make sure I was being safe and shit." I sat across from my grandfather, who sat at the head of the table.

"She's making sure you're safe and cooking you dinner and she only your girl? Since when we do that?" He folded his hands.

I snorted, "Pops, I'm only 17."

"Who gives a damn? I'll tell you right now," he said as he adjusted his suit and sat up in his chair, "it's damn hard to find a woman in this generation who wants to cook and clean for her husband while he provides everything else. And you done found a girl? You better wife that up and fight ya ass off for her."

"Been telling him that since he was a boy, especially in this lifestyle. Find the right one and run wit' her through thick and thin." My dad concluded.

"Are y'all done?" Damon spoke up. "No disrespect, but we gotta get down to business." My father nodded, agreeing, "And we will. Kemar, where's the pictures I gave you?"

I pulled out my wallet, sitting it on the table. I took a deep breath, deciding to take the conversation into my own hands without them.

"Damon, aren't you the second in command?" I pulled out a pre-rolled blunt. He only nodded. "Does Emanuel know you're fucking up the industry he's working hard to build.
He let out a breathy chuckle, "What the fuck are you talking about." He made a move to stand up but was only halted in his spot when my father pulled out his gun, gently sitting it on the table.

"Maybe you should listen," my grandfather's rusty voice interrupted mine, giving Damon some advice. His shaken face looked around the room before clearing his throat and sitting down. "I'm sure we can talk about this-"

"No. We made an investment in you and Emanuel's industry. Before you get greedy, make sure your best competition doesn't know the ends and outs of your company," I gritted. I didn't have a chance to say another word before his blood was suddenly splattered across my face and my ears rang.

I uncovered my face to see my grandfather wiping his gun. "You couldn't let me move first?" I wiped the blood off my face. "Toughen up." He stood up.

"I thought you had a meeting in California?" I pushed myself out of my chair and stood up. "I don't need to be there," my grandfather answered, coming back to throw me a wet towel.

I thought about what that usually meant as I wiped my face and arms. "So it's a set up?" I asked, grabbing my phone off the table. "Indeed," he said, sighing. "Hopefully, our problems with the Langston empire will finally end."

My movement completely stopped. "Yeah, hopefully." He took his rings off, whipping his fingers. "I know that blood isn't bothering you that much. You okay."

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'll see you later, pops," I licked my lips, trying to regain my composure. I made my way out, not bothering to say another word. I quickly ran up the stairs, past Lentz, who said something, but I was too frantic to care.

I unlocked my car and swiftly hopped in, calling Brianna. "Please be awake, please," I silently begged. After the second ring, she answered.

"Brianna!"

"Huh-h? Kemar, baby, what's wrong," She sounded like she had just woken up. "You told me your father was gone, right? Where is he?"

"What?" Her voice got more clear. "Why did something happen?" She was about to fire off questions. I ducked my head down when my father walked out of the house speaking to someone. I couldn't let him see me looking panicked on the phone.

"Brianna, where is he?" I hissed through my teeth into the phone. "He's in California! Why? Tell me what's going on Kemar." I shut my eyes, trying to clear my head. Fuck.

"Kema-"I cut her off. "Baby, you need to find a way to get ya dad to turn around. That meeting he's going to in Cali is a fucking set up Brianna," I got agitated when she didn't speak, " I know you're scared for him, but sitting there isn't finna help you. Just take a few deep breaths and call him baby I-"

I threw my phone down when she hung up. I knew she was doing what I said, but I felt the need to talk her through the whole thing. I couldn't sit back and let anything happen to her father. I loved her too much to do some shit like that.