- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

Brianna pov : Chapter Forty-Three

Dr. Orneal patiently waited for the door to close. "Okay! Mr. Creed, I have received the test results and unfortunately, they show that you have stage 2 pancreatic cancer. I'm very sorry." He mumbled that last part when Brianna dropped her head and Kemar only nodded.

He looked at the couple with sympathy.

Giovanni looked at his mom, who had her head down. "Mommy what's panacea cancer." He said in a whisper.

Dr. Orneal smiled as best as he could. "Pancreatic cancer is a sickness that happens when there are bad cells in the pancreas that grow out of control. That's what's causing your daddy's tummy pain."

They still looked confused so he continued, "It's kind of like having bad plants grow in a garden and those bad plants are taking over all the good plants and that's not too good. If your daddy is feeling extra tired or having trouble eating, then he may need both of you to be as strong as you can be for him and yourself okay?"

He looked over both Giovanni and Sesan and they both nodded.

"What exactly does stage 2 mean?" Kemar finally voiced out.

"Stage 2 means that the cancer has grown beyond the pancreas and may have spread to nearby lymph nodes but has not yet spread to other parts of the body."

Brianna cleared her throat, "It's treatable right?"

Kemar caught the doctor unintentionally wincing, "There are treatment options available, including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy. I recommend that we discuss these options in more detail and determine the best course of action for you."

Neither of them knew what to say or ask next but they all knew the dreaded question. Kemar sighed, "And the survival rate?"

"Of course, it can vary from person to person, but it is generally around 30% to 40%. However, with early detection and aggressive treatment, it is possible to improve your chances of survival."

"Mommy can we stay here," Giovanni frowned, "I want us to stay with Daddy." Although they didn't understand the survival rate or what it was, they could feel the heavy energy.

I knew they were excited about the zoo so I looked at Sesan, before I could even think about asking, he was already climbing in his dad's lap.

Kemar placed a hand on Sesan's head and smiled at him reassuringly, "Of course, we can stay. Daddy is going to need all the love he can get from you two." The children smiled, Giovanni snuggled up to his dad, and Sesan rested his head on Kemar's chest.

Later when the boys had fallen asleep next to Kemar, I decided to bring up Lemar. "What did he want?" I asked quietly. Kemar sighed, "Nothing important. Just some fake congrats on my achievements and some hope I'll keep in contact."

As the night wore on and the hospital grew quiet, Kemar found himself lost in thought

As the night wore on and the hospital grew quiet, Kemar found himself lost in thought. The weight of the diagnosis was heavy on his shoulders and he couldn't help but wonder what the future held.

He knew that he needed to remain positive and strong for his family, but the fear of the unknown was overwhelming.

As he watched his sleeping sons, he silently vowed to fight with all his might and never give up hope.

Kemar kept replaying Dr. Orneal's words in his mind, but his main concern wasn't even the cancer. It was his family.

How were they going to handle this? Who was going to take care of his wife and sons if something happened to him?

It hurt knowing all he could do was heal from his wounds, fight off the sickness and wait.