- Chapter Sixteen

Kemar 𝙥𝙤𝙫 : 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎i𝙭teen

I don't understand how you can't pick up anything. You checked all the cameras. Every single last one of them? " I slammed my car door. My shoes kicked against upcoming rocks, sweeping them away as I made my way to the pavement.

My little cousins and other relatives were playing in the sprinklers while my aunts and uncles watching when I rolled up. You can say they were having a little get-together.

We made it a habit to get together once in a while, no matter the situation.

My youngest cousin, Sebastian, was the first to spot me. I tried to fight the urge to smile but failed when he dropped his hotdog and came running straight at me with a big smile on his face.

"Ja, call me back as soon as you get something, and I better get a call today. I'm not playing." I finalized right as my cousin got to me. "Kemar!" He squealed, jumping
into my arms.

"What's up? What's wrong witch' yo? Throwing ya food on the ground like that Tete look like she ready to beat cha' little ass."

"Mommy loves me," he giggled, as I poked at his stomach. I nodded, "She loves you but she love ta' swing too."

"My bad Tete, I didn't know he was finna do all that." I smiled at her as she mugged me. I made my way around the yard, going through a string of greetings.

"Where's dad at?" I dabbed my brother up as he sat by the pool table, a group of friends around him.

"He in the basement watching the game with unc and them. You want next?" He glanced up at me, all his attention initially on the game. I shook my head, "Nah. But ima talk to you later."

"Yo!" I heard but kept walking, assuming the person wasn't talking to me.

"Aye. Kemar wait up!"

I came to a stop hearing somebody right behind me. I turned to see one of Lentz's friends. His father had a connection with my dad.

"Yo, heard about what happened you ight." He spoke as he got closer to me like he didn't want anyone else to hear.
I looked around, confused. "Whatchu' talkin' about?" He eyed me for a second before shrugging, "you know at the bar? My dad was talking about it. In New York, you were ambushed or some shit."

My heart started up. "Your dad? Mikey? He was talking about it."

His demeanor changed, "y-yeah. Was he not supposed to? Never mind, I didn't kno-" I put on a fake smile and said, "Nah bro, you good." Lie. "I just thought my dad and pops only knew about it." Lie, I didn't tell them shit. "Mikey, huh? Ight. Aye bruh I got a new phone. You got his number on you."

He pulled his phone out quickly, probably tryna hurry up and end the conversation. "Yeah, I gotchu."

As I made my way downstairs, I shot Ja a text.

Ja

Ping this number and dig up everything
you can on his past location, old phone
calls and anything else that's sus.

Full name?

Mikey Johnson

Gotchu