- 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤

𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙮𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙥𝙞𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙘 𝙣𝙖𝙢𝙚 "𝙅𝙚𝙨𝙪𝙨" 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙙  (𝙃𝙚𝙮-𝙯𝙪𝙨).

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤 : 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙫

I was never someone that stayed with a specific hairstyle for more than a week unless I really was obsessing over it. That being said, I gawked at my freshly done orange loc's in the mirror. I left one loc out in the front and put the rest up in a bun.

Once I was dressed in a simple outfit, I cooked up some breakfast before making my way out the door to my car.

I connected my phone to my car before pulling off. "Siri FaceTime Kemar!" I spoke loudly.

"FaceTiming Kemar🤓🥰"...

I took this opportunity to find my Carmex once I stopped at a red light. "Hello," Kemar's tired voice spoke through the car. "Are you just waking up?" I took a left. The sky was gray, giving a nice dull feeling to the morning. "Yeah," he yawned, "I'm tired as hell." I laughed as I could tell he was stretching by his voice.

"Are you going to school?"

"Probably not, ima be mad late and I don't have time for them teachers tryna get on my ass."

I shook my head, pulling into the school parking lot, "Well, now you don't have an excuse for being late." I grabbing my bag from the back picking up the extra books and my laptop I usually put in the back after my last class."Being late for what? You took ya car to school how ima pick you up?"

"Shit you right," I sighed, feeling stupid. He shuffled over the phone, "That's probably better anyway. We can get food and nobody ca' really spot us together." I nodded, crossing my legs on the seat.

I bit my lip, my mood winding down.

His face came into view, "What's wrong." I shrugged, "I wish we didn't have to be so secretive. It would be so much easier if we could just love each other in peace." He looked like he didn't really know what to say and there was nothing he really could.

He was a Creed and I was a Langston. Some fake ass, out-dated rivalry between our families, classic petty Romeo and Juliet bullshit.

"I know it's hard, baby. I don't know how, but we are making this shit work one way or another. Nobody, especially some stupid shit like this, is coming between us."

That was enough in that moment to make me feel better. "I love you, ima go inside since it stopped drizzling. See you at 2:20."

"Ight. I love you too."

"Your hair is so pretty," some girl passing me in the hallway said. I smiled at her, "Thank you."

"Ms. Langston," my teacher said as I entered his class. "Mr. Wallis, How was your weekend?" I made my way to my usual table. He sighed, "Oh I wish it was longer. I blinked and it was Monday again." I fake laughed with him. Thankfully, the bell rang before a bunch of students poured into the class.

I took a seat on my high-raised chair and pulled out my notebook and phone. "You don't plan to get an A in gym, do you?" Someone asked. I looked over to see my usual lab partner, Jesus. He was an autistic boy, the only person in this school I didn't have to play nice with. Small talk was not my strong suit.

I looked down at my crocs, "How'd you know." I joked. He smiled, sitting in his seat. "I like your hair," he said, scanning over my head. "Thank you, I like yours too." His smile got wider, making me genuinely smile as well. He ran his fingers quickly through his hair, not caring to smooth the parts he messed up back down.

"I bet you get all the ladies with those curls."
"You have no idea." He shrugged.
"Boy bye," I let out a loud laugh.

"Where we goin'?" Kemar pulled his car up next to mine

"Where we goin'?" Kemar pulled his car up next to mine. "Don't hate me, but I'm really craving McDonald's." I mumbled. I watched him sit back and sigh. "You always want that nasty shit," he muttered. "Mhm, watch you be fucking up those fries."

"Lets go Bri, gon' have me out here starving."

After we got our food, we pulled up to a dead end street and I made my way into his car. "I gotta go later, handle business with Damon." He interrupted the silence of us eating. I nodded, now picking at my burger, "dangerous business?"

"It's always dangerous, baby. Nothing should go wrong though." I chuckled, "Yet something always does." He sighed, placing his sprite down, glancing at me.

Kemar was tall toned dark-skin . He had perfect white teeth and full lips. He always wore plain clothes, whether it was a tee, jeans, or sweatpants. It was always either white, black, or if he was feeling hoe-ish, gray.

"You know I love you, right?" He mumbled. "Yea-"

"Then you should know, no matter what, I'm always coming back to you." He sat up pecking at my lips. "There's no question about that, Brianna. Will it be dangerous? Yeah. There's no way to guarantee I'll be a hundred percent safe, but I'm telling you right now, I'll always make it back to you. always. When you're confident, I am too, so please make sure we ain't both worryin' twenty four/seven."

I nodded, get comfortable on his shoulder.

"Do me a favor tonight? Come over before you leave. Just for a few minutes, I also wanna give you something. I haven't cooked in a while." I grabbed his hand. He smiled, showing off his dimples, "a nigga bout to get a plate? Whatchu' making?"

I laughed at how excited he got. "Your favorite," I mumbled, running my fingers through his hair. His mouth slightly hung open as he watched me. "You making lobster tail Alfredo?" he whispered, putting his hand on the door knob like he was about to run out.

"You doing the most." I moved my fingers from his hair to his chin, roaming my eyes over the light freckles on his nose that he hated, to his light lips.

"Why you lookin' at me like that?" He smiled. I moved my hand. "I don't even know what you mean," I said, pressing my lips together and backing away from him.

He rolled down the window, looking at some random man minding his business on his phone, "Aye yo. She tryna fuck m-" I gasped, pulling him back in by his shirt. "Kemar Stop!"