- Chapter Eight

𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 : 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙫

"You want to do what?" I gazed at my father confused. "You need to get out more Bri. Not just ya' nails, hair, and that stank ass dog."

"So where am I supposed to be going?"

He licked his lips, "you and Josiah. Y'all going to New York. Ima send some bodyguards wit' y'all."

Josiah began and leaned against the fridge. "We don't need all of that. I ca' protect her-"

"You can. But I'm not taking chances. Just have fun and be safe doing it. And Josiah. Don't make me regret it." He stared him down. Siah only gave him a sharp nod. And that's when I knew this wasn't just about me having fun in New York.

I glimpsed at Siah and he only nodded at me making his way out.

"Can I bring, Sky?" I walked into Siah's room after packing.

"Please don't," he looked over at Sky who was dangling in my hands. "I'm tired of y'all talking shit on my baby. She ain't do a thing to y'all." I rolled my eyes putting her down.

"She dumb as shit, that's what she is. Ain't dogs supposed to be smart?"

"Ight nigga, leave her alone."

In New York

"So where are we going?" I looked around the city. He took my bags from me, while I avoided the people walking by. "I'm going to check in at the hotel, you are going to this address." He handed me a paper.

"What's this?" I looked at him like he was crazy. "And why I gotta go alone?" He sighed, "stop asking so many questions. I need to meet up with somebody."

I raised an eyebrow, "meet up? Not a business meeting or deal but meet up?" I only stopped when he gave me that face. That face someone makes that be having you feel guilty for being annoying.

I knew I wouldn't be in any type of danger.

"Go to this address and go to the eleventh floor. The door is 4A. Ight?" I nodded, taking the paper from him. "And you'll be, where?" He shrugged watching his Uber pull up, "minding my business, you'll see me soon."

He started loading up the trunk with the bags. I was alerted when one of the men my dad sent with us pulled up. "Love you!" I shouted to Siah, as I opened the door.

"Love you too, I'll see you soon," he nodded at the driver.

"You know where we're going, Jairo?" As made eye contact with the buff man that sat back in the driver's seat. He nodded, "of course."

"So you know the real reason my father is sending me here?"

He smirked at me, "Amante is a lot of things, a liar isn't one of them. He told me the same thing as you. "Make sure my daughter has a good time." He imitated my dad's deep but calm voice.

"We'll do you know why I'm heading to the place? Anything I should prepare for? A meeting maybe."

This time he stayed quiet. "Jo- your father. He's very private. He doesn't discuss those kinds of things with me."

I nodded, taking my phone out. "Well tell me when we're there."

I walked into a luxury-looking apartment, many white people may I add, holding doors and nodding at me

I walked into a luxury-looking apartment, many white people may I add, holding doors and nodding at me. "Uhm, okay," I muttered, "thank you," I gave a genuine smile to the man who held the elevator open for me as it was about to close.

Easily made my way to door 4A without confusion, especially since a man with a static fail expression stood guarding the door almost. I walked up to him not knowing that to say and before I could he did.

His eyes flickered to my face inspecting me. "I hope you're talkative 'cause it's been real quiet in there." He moved aside opening the door for me.

I sighed, mentally preparing myself for whatever.